• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Basic generic questions for n00bs

Do I need a .nomedia file in each folder? Or just the parent folder?

Can I use Widgetsoid media scanner button instead of reboot?

I almost forgot... I also just unlocked my bootloader... dunno if that matters...?

Unlocking the bootloader should have wiped the phone of all previous user files and data. If you copied the ringtones from a backup, it's very possible that you neglected to backup the .nomedia file, since it's hidden by default.

funkylogik said:
Lunatic's advice is sound...

Pun intended? ;)

Do I need a .nomedia file in each folder? Or just the parent folder?

Can I use Widgetsoid media scanner button instead of reboot?

I think you just need it in the parent folder, but if that doesn't do it, then you need it all the folders. That's called the "scientific method". ;)

I'd still reboot, it's cleaner.

You say more stuff should have been lost from the unlock procedure??

Strange shtuff.

When I unlocked all I lost was homescreen settings (widget placement).

I was already rooted and SU'd...

Took forever to get into fastboot mode...

What should I have expected to lose? (I backed up all my stuff before- no fear of losing anything, just no idea what I should have expected.)

Unlocking the bootloader should have wiped the phone of all previous user files and data. If you copied the ringtones from a backup, it's very possible that you neglected to backup the .nomedia file, since it's hidden by default.

Pun intended? ;)

Depends entirely on the device. Some don't require a wipe, others do

A lot of music players have a way to tell it where to look for audio files. And ways to exclude area. Check in the app settings

Back
Top Bottom