• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery: slow recharge, slow discharge

excelfan

Newbie
Its funny that my Google Nexus cell has the worst battery life of any handheld I've ever owned...besides the Palm Pilot, that was worse :). But its negated by the fact that its also the fasting recharging handheld I've ever had! I can get a full recharge, say from 14% to 100%, in about 25-30 minutes. I can put on charge while I'm having breakfast and when I'm done its charged.

The Note appears to go the opposite route, with the same result. Its an extremely slow recharge. What takes my Nexus to get from 30% to full, will only get this from 80% to 87% :D! However, its not a big deal because it appears to also be an extremely slow discharge :). It takes s lot to bring it down from full to 80%. I feel like I could go a day and a half to 2 days on a full charge. So its not a big deal, I'm just used to seeing that 100%, but with this time runs out at about 96% before I have to unplug it and go.

I'm scared to leave it on charge overnight while sleeping as I did the Galaxy Tab 7.0. I believe the overcharging is what killed off that battery.
 
I too was afraid to leave it charging overnight but I always fall asleep before it's fully charged. So I just left it at that. I know it will shorten the battery life, but like you said it takes so long to charge.

If you're so used to charging all the time and want to charge it quickly, you can also do that on your tablet too. Just charge it often and it should charge quickly. :)

-Sent using the power of the dark side
 
I put it on charge when I get home, and disconnect before I go to sleep. When I wake up, I put it on charge again while eating breakfast, and leave out the house at about 90%. I think some of the auto-syncs I enabled, like the weather reports and calendar, may be helping the recharge time. I just don't wanna leave it charging if I feel I'm about to nod off :).
 
I found something that can eat away at the battery. Holds up remarkably well to old battery syphons like YouTube, music, and video.

But a good day of loading and posting on message boards can excelerate the discharge considerably :). A day of periodic YouTubing, music, and some video can bring it to 55%, but the same amount of time downloading posts on forum threads can result in 20% left. Google play surfing may be tough on the battery too.

I still dont bring my charger with me because of the good battery, but I might if I have a day of loading moviegoer reviews of a film I'm thinking of seeing :).
 
Back
Top Bottom