• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BAZZ Safe Driving hands free

This is my first post. BAZZ use to work on my Tracfone Galaxy J7 Skypro but has not been working for over two months. I have tried reinstalling but when I click Finish the app says "cannot find connection". All other apss work jut fine with our WiFI at home and the phone is paired with with my car's bluetooth feature. I do not like or use Android Auto.

I've searched the Internet from my computer (where I am now) to no avail. So I joined this forum to see if any other Tracfone users with a similar or exact same phone have an answer. I do know that Google Play removed it from the Play apps for some reason, however it's available through apkpure.com.

Thanks in advance for your help.

That's probably it, I'd Google pulled it then either the developers moved on, started a new app, or decided bit to support it.

Not really sure what you can do, other then to contact the developers.

That's probably it, I'd Google pulled it then either the developers moved on, started a new app, or decided bit to support it.

Not really sure what you can do, other then to contact the developers.

The developers no longer have a contact form, email or phone number at their site. I have done everything and beyond, even reset my phone. My wife's older model smartphone works just with BAZZ. Not mine, suddenly.

Then it seems as if it's time to move on. I noticed that site is in Hebrew. Are you looking for an app that works in Hebrew?

No, English. Having said that. Do you or anyone else know of a simple text/read app that interacts with a bluetooth-ready vehicle that doesn't require plugging the phone into a USB port or even taking the phone out of your pocket. I have to tell you that BAZZ was an award winning program in Europe is 2017-2018 for it's ability to simply notify the driver that a text message had arrive and if they wanted BAZZ to read the message over the vehicles audio system.

Some privacy issue (so Google says) is why they removed the app from Google Play store. I think it's more because BAZZ was so simple to setup and use that they booted it because they couldn't match the app and it's technology.

Tried it already. It requires the phone display to be on and in a cradle. I want something that doesn't require either.

I have tried several apps and they don't work with the ease of BAZZ. So apparently there is nothing on the market that compares.

Whatch this video and you'll see why BAZZ is so darn good. You'll see the phone in a cradle but that is not necessary.

I just tried Bazz downloaded from APKpure, yeh it goes "there is a problem with your Internet connection" and won't do anything else. Looks like the server it uses is dead, and this app is discontinued.

If Bazz was free. Maybe the dev couldn't afford to keep it running?

Last edited:
Thanks for trying the app. I would have gladly paid an annual subscription. You deserve KUDOS! Not everyone will experiment like that for the sake of a stranger. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

However. If the server was down, (rhetorical question) - how is that my wife's older Galaxy J3 phone is able to use BAZZ when she is driving? Weird...

My thoughts about this problem are now drifting towards Tracfones. Maybe they block the use of this App.

My wife's carrier is Verizon and uses the umlimited package. She is not a Tracfone user. I don't need as much data, air time or text messages as most people so I bought the J7 Skypro with Tracfone's phone's "pay as you go service".

Last edited:
I'm often happy to take a look at and try different apps, it's no problem. I'm in China and tried Bazz via my VPN, incase it was otherwise blocked. It completes its initial setup for required permissions and access, but then won't go any further. This was on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

The Bazz dev is in Israel apparently, that's why the site is Hebrew and English.

Though not as quick to connect as BAZZ, I was able to reinstall Android Auto and tried it with Google Assistant. There are so many more features to Android Auto combined with Google Assistant that I have stopped my search for BAZZ or any other replacement App. Having to plug the phone into the USB cord which is kept plugged into the USB port takes only seconds.

You can't beat speech to text for messaging and I have yet to explore all the other features in the combination of Android Auto/Google Assistant.

Nice that those of us who have purchased vehicles in the past couple of years have Android and iOS already setup in the car's bluetooth system.

Happy camper now. :rob:

Back
Top Bottom