• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio

jarjar124

Android Enthusiast
hey guys just want to let u noe that u can get beats audio in cm9 :) legacy is the same as beats audio, but i like to have beats instead (idk y dont ask) it doesnt hurt to have it anyways. heres the zip. just flash it through cwm,but make sure u mount /system first. i take no credit from this. this only works for ics. u can get beats audio for gb roms if u want. search around in the xda forums if u want :)

Attachments

hey guys just want to let u noe that u can get beats audio in cm9 :) legacy is the same as beats audio, but i like to have beats instead (idk y dont ask) it doesnt hurt to have it anyways. heres the zip. just flash it through cwm,but make sure u mount /system first. i take no credit from this. this only works for ics. u can get beats audio for gb roms if u want. search around in the xda forums if u want :)

installing this is as bad of an idea as actually buying beats. It makes PowerAmp sound like crap. How do I uninstall?

I don't recommend this mod. First, it does not install any of the HTC apps. It installs SRS panel, different from beats. It is possible though that SRS here uses some of the beats audio profiles. Second, SRS and Beats are both known to conflict with DSP. This is why in the developers forums they recommend removing DSP. Unfortunately, some players use DSP, which means they might be broken if you remove it. If you keep it, the sound quality may be adversely affected because of the conflict. Fourth, even if you remove DSP and install SRS, you cannot access the app or its settings. It will load SRS but it is not installed in the app drawer - at least not on this rom or phone. You can't select a profile!

Essentially useless.

I don't recommend this mod. First, it does not install any of the HTC apps. It installs SRS panel, different from beats. It is possible though that SRS here uses some of the beats audio profiles. Second, SRS and Beats are both known to conflict with DSP. This is why in the developers forums they recommend removing DSP. Unfortunately, some players use DSP, which means they might be broken if you remove it. If you keep it, the sound quality may be adversely affected because of the conflict. Fourth, even if you remove DSP and install SRS, you cannot access the app or its settings. It will load SRS but it is not installed in the app drawer - at least not on this rom or phone. You can't select a profile!

Essentially useless.

y do u guys have to hate? i nvr said u should flash it. the srs and beats audio is being fixed atm in this thread (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up)05/06/12 - xda-developers and if u read the posts, the srs option doesn't really show anyways. u can try installing 5.1 beats audio from the thread, but it won't work (for me at least) so plz don't hate o the zip. i thought i would put it out since some ppl like it while others don't.

y do u guys have to hate? i nvr said u should flash it. the srs and beats audio is being fixed atm in this thread (MOD)Beats Audio(2.3+up)05/06/12 - xda-developers and if u read the posts, the srs option doesn't really show anyways. u can try installing 5.1 beats audio from the thread, but it won't work (for me at least) so plz don't hate o the zip. i thought i would put it out since some ppl like it while others don't.

Sorry, not hating on you or the zip! I have heard some positive things from those who have used SRS. Unfortunately, this mod will not allow users of this rom to enjoy SRS. If you can't open the SRS panel, you can't select a profile. This would mean that you can't change anything. Some people do like SRS, but that would be because they can open the panel and select a profile they like. Right now, we can't do that with this mod.

I appreciate that you put in the effort to share though. Not attacking you, but I am just trying to save some time and energy for those who are thinking of trying this. This mod does not do much for those using this rom b/c we can't really access the SRS app.

Back
Top Bottom