• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Been thinking about going to cm7 or myns warm,been having issues with current rom

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Just like the title says, been having alot of issues with airbourne virusrom, such as random freezing, and other annoying things. But I'm thinking about going to either cm7 or myns warm 2.2. Which would you all recommend? Is there anything special that goes into flashing either of those? I've seen in the myns thread over on xda that you have to flash radio updates, is that nessasary?

Thanks for everyone's help!

I've used both myn's and cm7 (rc though...) and i really liked both. Myn's is my 'backup', if I flash a rom and then find I don't like it, I go back to Myn's. You might have to flash the radios, but the rooting for dummies covers that.

As far as CM7 goes, I had that for about a week or two, then had an issue with USB transfers going insanely slow, which was probably just a freak thing, but it was great when I had it.

I, however, didn't care for some of the notices (like the international roaming notice when I was just roaming normally... also probably a weird thing), but all in all I did really like it.

Both are good, I'd just go for which ever one you fancy, aosp or sense.

I've used both myn's and cm7 (rc though...) and i really liked both. Myn's is my 'backup', if I flash a rom and then find I don't like it, I go back to Myn's. You might have to flash the radios, but the rooting for dummies covers that.

As far as CM7 goes, I had that for about a week or two, then had an issue with USB transfers going insanely slow, which was probably just a freak thing, but it was great when I had it.

I, however, didn't care for some of the notices (like the international roaming notice when I was just roaming normally... also probably a weird thing), but all in all I did really like it.

Both are good, I'd just go for which ever one you fancy, aosp or sense.

I've never tried an aosp rom, maybe it's time. But I really like virusrom, but some of the issues are just annoying. Like the random freezing, and tonight my phone randomly started and turned off the car panel mode 15 times within 20 seconds, then my 4 home screens all stacked on top of one another then froze that way.

But why do you have to flash radios for myns? Are they older radios or something?

I think you only have to flash the radios to the version that was used in myns, it seems like my phone already had the right radios, so you might be fine. Just double check.

Back