• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bell Atrix - Android Market HSUPA+ connection

azazel

Hey All, I got the Bell Atrix and I can't seem to download any Apps from the Marketplace when i'm not on WIFI. Has anyone come across this problem? (I hope it's just a toggle switch that I can change...) Is it a safeguard to ensure apps aren't being downloaded when it's convenient? (lol) But it's kind of annoying if im at work and my buddy says "get Live Profile" and I can't untill I get to a WIFI hotspot. Also I think its HSUPA+? (the icon in my notification bar is a H+ with the up down arrows under)

Anyone had this problem and any remedies? thanks team.

Its so annoying! It just says "Download Queued" with the big Pause Icon in the notification tray, then If i go to the app in the market it just says "Download paused" and I'm pretty sure it just kills my battery while it sits there idle.

I blame Bell entirely on this one though. I'll call customer support later on and see if its a known issue because I know the market is fine if i can go home and download apps like crazy when im on my home WIFI network.

wow. solved the issue. it was an issue on my end (boy do i feel dumb... but im new to android so learning from mistakes will happen)

if anyone else has this issue i solved by going into settings>data manager>data saver then i unchecked data saver.

/thread

HSUPA+ doesn't really exist. I think you meant HSPA+ where HSUPA could be either 2.0mbps or 5.76mbps.

You're right. My bad. My Noob is showing. lol (ive never been big into phones, this was my first endeavor. Learning lots.)

Azazel! Thank you so much!!!! I have been losing my mind trying to download from the Android market and couldn't. You saved the day!

wow. solved the issue. it was an issue on my end (boy do i feel dumb... but im new to android so learning from mistakes will happen)
No worry, that's how we all learn :)

if anyone else has this issue i solved by going into settings>data manager>data saver then i unchecked data saver.

/thread
And see, while stumbling through your issue, you've helped someone that joined just to post in your thread, Azazel ;) Now you should feel special :)

Azazel! Thank you so much!!!! I have been losing my mind trying to download from the Android market and couldn't. You saved the day!

Back
Top Bottom