• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best app for a 'To Do' list?

Do any of these apps include a "to call" list, where a new item would prompt me for a phone number and dial when I click it? My old Sony Ericsson K800i from 2006 had that and I used it all the time.

Probably I'll pay for gtasks (now it costs $3) but a call list would convince me to get something else.

Exactly the same issue I have too. I've been using Gtask by dato for a couple of months, then tried out a different bunch of apps, and eventually came back because of the clear widget, intuitive folder display on widget with colours, uncluttered but detailed notifications and flawless sync with Tasks in the google pages.

It would really be perfect for me, and I would gladly pay for the full version, if I could enter 'call contact' reminders that would make the call with one tap straight from the notification. Nokia s40 could do that, I can't understand why smartphones don't, the nokia e5 couldn't neither.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Exactly the same issue I have too. I've been using Gtask by dato for a couple of months, then tried out a different bunch of apps, and eventually came back because of the clear widget, intuitive folder display on widget with colours, uncluttered but detailed notifications and flawless sync with Tasks in the google pages.
Does the widget allows you to cross off tasks that you've been completed?

Upvote 0
Does the widget allows you to cross off tasks that you've been completed?

No. But then if you had a reminder, a notification comes up on the screen (not in the status bar), and you have mark done/snooze/etc and marked done, the task will disappear from the widget. It will show crossed when you go into the app.

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones