• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Browser

Best Browser

• Firefox

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Chrome/Chromium

Votes: 58 53.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
I use Firefox as nothing else can touch it.:D
MiG-31_Firefox.jpg

I might give chrome a try as I too feel the fox seems to be getting bloated.

Upvote 0
I like Chrome in theory, but I've just found it to be a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't fill in passwords, even though I've told it to remember the password, and the password shows in my list of saved passwords. The browsing speed is generally fast, but I've had Chrome randomly hang in the middle of loading pages until I manually refresh (and this has happened in Windows, Mac, and Linux in multiple locations). The extension that allows for opening new tabs on the right instead of next to the current tab doesn't function exactly like about:config modified Firefox.

Ultimately, the supposed speed gains of Chrome aren't worth it for me. Firefox is fast enough, and it behaves exactly the way I want it to. I like having the address bar be an I'm Feeling Lucky Google search and having separate search engines in the search field for Yelp, IMDB, Dictionary.com, etc. Firefox sync is great.

I won't recommend it to everybody, but Firefox is still the best browser for me.

Upvote 0
I live Opera.
I tried Chrome, Firefox, and ofcourse, IE.
Chrome is good and fast.
Opera matches that speed and comes with features packed in. (Spatial navigation ftw)
I use Opera mail, Link, Unite, Gestures, etc etc etc.
Once you customize it to your liking, there is no turning back from Opera.

(This is all my opinion ofcourse :p)

Upvote 0
Just downloaded the firefox 4 beta, didn't respond, and crashed.
I use firefox for my online homework for school as chrome doesn't play nicely with the input fields from Prentice Hall's mastering engineering homework.
Chrome is the best if you need internet acess for emails, simple browsing like facebook, twitter, anything to do with the services google provides since most are integrated through the web store and can get add ons for that.
Firefox has become bloated, the pop up blocker is garbage and it is slower at times.
My chrome to phone doesn't work on either browser, not sure why so that is kind of useless, i do like the sync options for firefox between the desktop and mobile versions, if chrome can get something like that it would be my daily driver as i love my android, and do just as much on it as i do on my computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones