• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy To Offer Optimus V for $129.99 Sunday - Updated

Really a super price when one considers the low monthly rate. I am happy I got mine two weeks ago, though. Worth 20 to get it earlier.

My local BB still had the $129.99 price this past Thursday

Yeah...they did all week here as well...but no one found any in stock in stores until yesterday that I saw...and now it goes back in the ad tomorrow. Get 'em while you can.

TARGET was the best deal so far because of the $20.00 gift card with the deal. that buys a top-up card almost.

Doubtful you'll ever see that deal repeated anywhere.

Yeah...they did all week here as well...but no one found any in stock in stores until yesterday that I saw...and now it goes back in the ad tomorrow. Get 'em while you can.

Yes you will. Android phones will routinely be under $100.00 by the end of the year. Qualcomm has a new processor that will lower the cost of the contract free phones as low as $70.

TARGET was the best deal so far because of the $20.00 gift card with the deal. that buys a top-up card almost.

My wife actually took the Target ad to BestBuy and got them to price match and take an extra $20 off to account for the gift card. So she walked out with it for $109.99.

On a side note, I'm giving a bit of a thumbs down to Target for their crazy price adjustment policy. I bought my V several week ago at full price ($150). I went in yesterday to try to get them to do a price adjustment (with or without the gift card, didn't matter that much) and they told me their policy is to only do price adjustments either in the current week, or the week after purchase. But their return policy is much longer (the electronics guy told me it was 90 days).

So I can return the phone and buy a new one for 30+ days, but you'll only price adjust for 14 days at max? What's the sense in that?

I bought an Optimus V at BB yesterday and they still had them on the shelf. I learned about the Target GC offer today. Called the store and they said if I came in today, they would give me a BB $20 GC... That makes the phone $109+tax..not too shabby.

Wal-marts policy is about the same. Within 7 days......
Return policy for cell phones at Wal-mart is 15 days.

so, techincally, if Target's is 90 days, you COULD return it within the 90 days, but you couldn't REBUY that one you returned (at the cheaper price). Once phones are refunded, they're defected I believe (to aleviate activation issues).

Lots of times, if you return one, there isn't another one in stock to buy (at least with these phones).

I was in Best Buy today, they had 5 on the shelf. YEAH, FIVE!

Seems ironic, but that's how it works in most stores.

My wife actually took the Target ad to BestBuy and got them to price match and take an extra $20 off to account for the gift card. So she walked out with it for $109.99.

On a side note, I'm giving a bit of a thumbs down to Target for their crazy price adjustment policy. I bought my V several week ago at full price ($150). I went in yesterday to try to get them to do a price adjustment (with or without the gift card, didn't matter that much) and they told me their policy is to only do price adjustments either in the current week, or the week after purchase. But their return policy is much longer (the electronics guy told me it was 90 days).

So I can return the phone and buy a new one for 30+ days, but you'll only price adjust for 14 days at max? What's the sense in that?

Back
Top Bottom