• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Calendar Widget

I used to own a dinc so I can tell you my opinion. Sense is the best. It is the best scrolling widget around. Second to sense is Launcher Pro Plus's scrolling widget. I use it because I no longer have a sense phone (DX) and I need a scrolling widget.

I have no LPP on one of my ROMS that I switch off with, so I have Pure Calendar Widget. It's highly configurable, which is a plus, but I still like the others better.

****I'm quoting Steven, only to point out his profile picture with the YANKEES hat is quite sad. Go redsox 2011! GO Phillies 2010! Even though it appears that the Twins are going to fail again, GO TWINS! (playful banter not meant to be serious, don't ban :P)

****I'm quoting Steven, only to point out his profile picture with the YANKEES hat is quite sad. Go redsox 2011! GO Phillies 2010! Even though it appears that the Twins are going to fail again, GO TWINS! (playful banter not meant to be serious, don't ban :P)

My Guess. bandwagon fan;)

oh. Calender pad is the one i use.

I know what you mean....I'm a cop and I use the calendar for the same thing. The way I do it is, I have different calendars set up for use depending on what the event is. (e.g., work, personal, court, etc...) I then have each calendar color coded. That way when I glance at the calendar in the monthly view, all my work shifts are written in red and all my court dates are green and so on... Hope that helps.

There is an app called "Firehouse Scheduler" you both might like, developed by Fire/Police/EMS. I believe it's specifically for shift work. A little pricey at $5.99, but might be just what you're looking for.

I've been using Calender Pad Pro and I like it. Better than the stock calendar app on the Incredible. I can see all my appointments and calendar items at a glance and it is easy to use and sync with Google.

So true the only HTC one that says the appt. is so small and one at a time.. I crrently use that because I havent found anyting for free I've liked yet I guess... im lookin tho

There is an app called "Firehouse Scheduler" you both might like, developed by Fire/Police/EMS. I believe it's specifically for shift work. A little pricey at $5.99, but might be just what you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip. I checked into that app a few months back and it seems pretty neat but yeah, the price tag is a little too high.

So true the only HTC one that says the appt. is so small and one at a time.. I crrently use that because I havent found anyting for free I've liked yet I guess... im lookin tho
Maybe you should try one of the other stock widgets for the HTC calender. I think you are talking about the small single event widget. There is an Agenda widget that is very good in my opinion...takes up entire screen. Only draw back is you have to tap it twice to get to more details of an event....once just brings up the same agenda

Accept you can't see any appointment names just those stupid color blocks.
If you use the full month calender widget, than yea. But the HTC calender has 3 stock widgets. Try the Agenda view or if you want more details but have infrequent appointments, try the single event widget.

I've been using CalWidget since I started with my Eris, and was one of the first apps I put on my DINC when I upgraded. Very customizable and easy to read.

I just downloaded Business Calendar. If you tap the widget (which looks like Smooth Calendar), it will load a screen that's nearly identical to the Google Calendar web interface. Very, very nice. Really underrated.

Although, I wish I could use the LP+ calendar widget with Go Launcher.

I use the pure calendar agenda widget, and when I tap It, It opens th jorte month view. This setup works very well for me.

I've tried them all. I like Pure Calendar and Pure Grid Calendar the best. I'm using Pure Grid Calendar with Smooth Calendar right now.

Does anyone know if any of these have a full screen "Day View" widget, with scrolling would be ideal. I can get there by a single press from my CalWidget agenda view, but I'd rather have it right on the home screen.

I just do not like the agenda view as it doesn't help me quickly see overlapping meetings and where I have white space in my day.

Back
Top Bottom