• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Google Reader app?

I, too like Google Reader directlly from the phone, but I use FeedR. It costs 99 cents and syncs with Google reader.

I like it because of the way it easily popcorns the new feeds to the top. On the small screen, I don't prefer having the integrated newsfeed with all stories jumbled together. I like the feed subscriptions to list, with but the ones that have a newest hit at the top. One touch to check that feed, and while I'm there I can "Mark all as Read" in that feed to make it go down to the bottom.

Upvote 0
So far I've been using Reader in my browser. It works great and if I want to go to a link in something I'm reading, I'm already in the browser so I don't have to open a second app.

What exactly is the benefit of a standalone reader app?

I like to dl the RSS, and read them when I am on the plane (with no internet connection).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones