• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help best place to top up?

I am in California and I buy all my top-ups at Target. I have yet to be charged any tax or fees on them, and in fact they are discounted about 5% on a very regular basis.

Edited to add the fact that I buy the top-up cards in person at Target. Not online.

You're lucky! I'm in Wisconsin and we are charged both sales tax but then also a "police and fire" fee on top of that so a top up can cost close to $5 more than the face value.

Upvote 0
Seems as if I can't report it with ebay since it was a classified add. I look at my purchases on myebay and it's not there?

You can still report it, I'm sure that they don't want scammers posting in the classifieds, might not be able to file a dispute but you can always try. If you used a credit card report it to the bank also. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
OB

Reactions: EazySteve
Upvote 0
You can still report it, I'm sure that they don't want scammers posting in the classifieds, might not be able to file a dispute but you can always try. If you used a credit card report it to the bank also. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
OB
So, I'm fighting with PayPal and my credit card company. PayPal denied my claim and this is the response I received after I had to ask why they denied it:

PayPal Purchase Protection does not cover virtual or intangible items, which means that this payment is not eligible for the dispute resolution process.

PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to tangible, physical goods that can be shipped. Payments for intangible items, services, licenses, or other digital content are not eligible for dispute resolution. This also applies to prohibited items as outlined in the PayPal Acceptable Use policy.

Buyer beware of top up pins

Reactions: ochenta
Upvote 0
So, I'm fighting with PayPal and my credit card company. PayPal denied my claim and this is the response I received after I had to ask why they denied it:

PayPal Purchase Protection does not cover virtual or intangible items, which means that this payment is not eligible for the dispute resolution process.

PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to tangible, physical goods that can be shipped. Payments for intangible items, services, licenses, or other digital content are not eligible for dispute resolution. This also applies to prohibited items as outlined in the PayPal Acceptable Use policy.

Buyer beware of top up pins

That sux ..... sorry to hear that Bud.

Upvote 0
The discount on the cards all equate to .85 on the dollar. On the $35 a month plan that would equate a savings of $66.6 a year.

I like to look at it monthly ...... at $.85 on the dollar the $35 plan is $29.75 a month, for a savings of $5.25 a month :D.

While my wife has the iPhone 4s on the $30 plan, which is taxed, so it's $32.10 a month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones