• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best price Galaxy Note 3 in UK?

If it's a Malaysian phone it won't work in Europe at all out of the box. The dreaded Samsung region locking.

I still don't understand the fineprint but if you were to fly to Malaysia to collect your phone, then use a Malaysian carrier sim at first use for a set amount of minutes, you could then use your local simcard, far and above the cost of previous posts though lol.

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0
Sorry, re-read my last post and it does read as though I was considering the Amazon one which I am not. I meant that I was not sure about whether to go or a European one as I would prefer a UK one. Quite like the idea of a trip to Malaysia though!

A European one, for all intents and purposes is identical to a UK one. As long as it is an SM-N9005 it will be fine. You may get a certain countries firmware on it and the paper work may be in that countries language. For the saving you make it is easy enough to install stock BTU (UK) firmware on it and still have all your warranties etc. Once done it will be indistinguishable from a UK one.

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones