• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best rom for an Android newby

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
Apr 18, 2011
Honduras
Hello guys.

It's been 2 years since my first android devide, and I can call myself a Fandroid. I've been for a month with a Nexus 4 and my love to Android just gets bigger.

My gf has had an iPhone for a long time, but now she wants to switch to Andriod. Her birthday is next month and I want to get her a Samsung Infuse from ebay (that's what I can afford). I need to know which rom would you recommend me for her phone. It doesn't matter if it's ICS or JB, but it has to be stable and bug free. I searched XDA and there's a lot of roms based mostly on JB, but please help me choose the best one.

My favorite ROM was Infused Gingerbread, but I don't know if it's available anymore. I'm running the rooted and de-bloated version of AT&T's Gingerbread now.

I would advise against the ICS and JB ROMs for a n00b. I'm pretty experienced, and I didn't like the experience very much. Laggy interface and apps, and searches for tweaks and troubleshooting. I suspect that the 512MB RAM is just not really sufficient for those OS versions.

Reactions: andrews317
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones