• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Video encoding settings for Incredible...

JuicyJones

Well-Known Member
I'm trying to rip some DVDs from my collection and get them on my phone for a trip that I will be taking. I just tried to convert one 480x880, 30fps, Constant Bitrate @ 100%, MP4, x264. IDK what went wrong but it wouldn't play from my phone but played fine on my Mac. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 
How is this support and troubleshooting?! That doesn't make any sense? I'm asking what settings most users (there's not 1 right answer) use when encoding videos?
 
Just curious, I'm sure there's more than one right answer to this one...I'm looking to put some movies on my phone :)
 
I use the software called Cucusoft and I have fiddled and fiddled with the settings and have ended up with:
MPEG-4
Bitrate: 1520
Framerate: 29.97
size: 640x480
Aspect ratio: 16:9 or 1.3333

If you use Cucusoft make sure that the "Split output file size" is set to at least: 2000000

Most movies I make with these settings are right over a gig.
 
Back
Top Bottom