• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bestbuy evo v

gary93

Just got my evo v from Bestbuy. Yes I called them 3 days ago and they said they won't have it til the end of the month or not going to sell til the 17th. Well I walked in and ask, turns out they have it :)

For those who are upgrading from the triumph with the black tie warranty, bring in your Bestbuy receipt (the one with the warranty) and the charger ( I had my full set with box, but he said they only need the charger ). Did my exchange, without paying any extra beside a new $40 warranty for my evo. (There are two different plans, one is only a year, but it cover damage of the phone, so you can just get a new one from BB. The other one is a two year one, which is a manufactory extend warranty. I bought the one year for the evo, just in case I killed my toy.) They offered me a 50% off to buy a case as well, but I have already ordered one from amazon, so no need to spend more extra money.

For the activating process, it was faster than I thought. Totally spent about an hour in BB, now my phone works great, 3g/4g, message, phone calls, gps. Work just fine. O forgot to mention, I had changed my grandfatered plan last week, so there were a couple days between.
One last thing, it has the Sprint logo on it, and no virgin mobile on the back. So I'm guessing these are still the first ship of the evo.

I picked up my first phone the 8th after work. Had rebooting problems Friday & Saturday and swapped it out on the 10th.

Second phone has been perfect so far.

I had a broken MT that was swapped out for free so I too bought the 1yr damage coverage for $39. I hope I don't need it.

Just got my evo v from Bestbuy. Yes I called them 3 days ago and they said they won't have it til the end of the month or not going to sell til the 17th. Well I walked in and ask, turns out they have it :)

For those who are upgrading from the triumph with the black tie warranty, bring in your Bestbuy receipt (the one with the warranty) and the charger ( I had my full set with box, but he said they only need the charger ). Did my exchange, without paying any extra beside a new $40 warranty for my evo. (There are two different plans, one is only a year, but it cover damage of the phone, so you can just get a new one from BB. The other one is a two year one, which is a manufactory extend warranty. I bought the one year for the evo, just in case I killed my toy.)
Can you explain that process more? What I think you said is basically all you did was buy your triumph with the black tie plan and when you decided to get the evo they basically accepted it in as credit towards the evo?

Can you explain that process more? What I think you said is basically all you did was buy your triumph with the black tie plan and when you decided to get the evo they basically accepted it in as credit towards the evo?

Pretty much like that. Well I told the BB guy that I have problem with the MT, like gps, can't receive calls, random reboot etc. Cause with the black tie plan they offer an exchange policy, which you can exchange to another phone and you just have to pay the price difference. I bought my MT at $299, same as the evo v, so I don't have to pay extra. If you bought the MT for $279, they you will have to pay the $20 difference.

For those who are upgrading from the triumph with the black tie warranty, bring in your Bestbuy receipt (the one with the warranty) and the charger ( I had my full set with box, but he said they only need the charger ). Did my exchange, without paying any extra beside a new $40 warranty for my evo. (There are two different plans, one is only a year, but it cover damage of the phone, so you can just get a new one from BB. The other one is a two year one, which is a manufactory extend warranty. I bought the one year for the evo, just in case I killed my toy.) They offered me a 50% off to buy a case as well, but I have already ordered one from amazon, so no need to spend more extra money.

For the activating process, it was faster than I thought. Totally spent about an hour in BB, now my phone works great, 3g/4g, message, phone calls, gps. Work just fine. O forgot to mention, I had changed my grandfatered plan last week, so there were a couple days between.
One last thing, it has the Sprint logo on it, and no virgin mobile on the back. So I'm guessing these are still the first ship of the evo.

I went I had mine since Friday from bestbuy had to only pay 6.35 cents for the swap and a 2yr replacement they had them since the Monday the 4th but couldn't sell them I have had a fluctuating signal since I had it and it also took them a hour to activate mines as well it wouldn't connect to the networks but so far so good 4g really spotty. their working to make the network better and things should level out soon

Pretty much like that. Well I told the BB guy that I have problem with the MT, like gps, can't receive calls, random reboot etc. Cause with the black tie plan they offer an exchange policy, which you can exchange to another phone and you just have to pay the price difference. I bought my MT at $299, same as the evo v, so I don't have to pay extra. If you bought the MT for $279, they you will have to pay the $20 difference.
Thanks! I'll do some fishing tommorow and call the local BB and give them a fake situation like yours just to confirm that they will go through with a situation like this

Thanks! I'll do some fishing tommorow and call the local BB and give them a fake situation like yours just to confirm that they will go through with a situation like this

i have a friend that bricked (well bootlooped) his and took it back and poof htc evo v 4g

What kind of problem beside single lost you guys have? I was having trouble with the camera, when switching 3D back to 2D mode, the camera keep in 3D but give me a super wide view. I had to take out the battery then some how get into safe mode. Well that fixed it anyway. Also when I was running games like GT 3D, it crashed for no reason...

It did happen to my MT, but I was saying like rebooting every 2 hours instead of once in a while...:p I was just flashed back to stock rom (totally fresh, even the android tip widget still on it) when I gave them to check the phone, so they couldn't say much that I did something to it.

It did happen to my MT, but I was saying like rebooting every 2 hours instead of once in a while...:p I was just flashed back to stock rom (totally fresh, even the android tip widget still on it) when I gave them to check the phone, so they couldn't say much that I did something to it.
Lol, I see. That's pretty much what I assumed you did.

Back
Top Bottom