• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Big problem now (

so here's the deal...

i had mikg 2.56. then i ran the 2.58 patch and everything was working good until this afternoon. when i tried turning my phone back on, there wasn't a background on my lock screen. thought it was weird but i figured it wouldn't bother me that much till i tried to pull the lock ring. it didn't work. so i put my phone back to sleep and tried turning it on again. still same thing. so i took out my battery and tried rebooting it. still the same thing. i did this about 5 times and nothing changed.

so i went back to my nandroid back up. back to 2.56. the 1st thing i noticed was, my top pull down menu wasnt working. i figured when i get home and reflash 2.58 it would work. but after i reflashed 2.58 and the wired theme... IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

so i'm stuck right now... anybody had this problem?
i'm probably just gonna reflash 2.58 without the theme and see what happens. :( but if that doesn't work, what should i do?

so here's the deal...

i had mikg 2.56. then i ran the 2.58 patch and everything was working good until this afternoon. when i tried turning my phone back on, there wasn't a background on my lock screen. thought it was weird but i figured it wouldn't bother me that much till i tried to pull the lock ring. it didn't work. so i put my phone back to sleep and tried turning it on again. still same thing. so i took out my battery and tried rebooting it. still the same thing. i did this about 5 times and nothing changed.

so i went back to my nandroid back up. back to 2.56. the 1st thing i noticed was, my top pull down menu wasnt working. i figured when i get home and reflash 2.58 it would work. but after i reflashed 2.58 and the wired theme... IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

so i'm stuck right now... anybody had this problem?
i'm probably just gonna reflash 2.58 without the theme and see what happens. :( but if that doesn't work, what should i do?

i would wipe the crap out of it and re-flash the rom. boot it up, then sign in. and if everything is working then go ahead and flash the theme.

Upvote 0
none of the above. it starts up normal. everything works BUT!!!!!!!!! the notification bar. just talked to my friend that works for sprint. he said i should just go back to stock and see if it works from there. if it doesn't, i'm gonna go visit him to see if he can fix it. if he can't... i either get another evo or i might be able to get the evo 3d for free

Upvote 0
none of the above. it starts up normal. everything works BUT!!!!!!!!! the notification bar. just talked to my friend that works for sprint. he said i should just go back to stock and see if it works from there. if it doesn't, i'm gonna go visit him to see if he can fix it. if he can't... i either get another evo or i might be able to get the evo 3d for free

nice to have a friend at sprint. that sounds like a good plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones