• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Got it! First went to Kiosk, they denied it saying it was over 14 days. Even when I pointed out their 90 day policy.

Then went to customer service desk, they told me I had to do a return and repurchase. And actually bring my phone in, return it, and purchase a brand new phone at the lower price. (which costs them more, because they can't sell the old phone). I questioned his logic, went back and forth for 5 minutes, then asked nicely to speak to a manager.

The manager came up and within 10 seconds, said "Ok, just refund the difference"

Took the guy another 10 minutes to figure out how to ring up the difference.
In the end, he refunded me the $80, but didn't calculate in the tax (another $6.20) but I wasn't going to push my luck and argue for the $6.20 so I just left it at that.

Upvote 0
Got it! First went to Kiosk, they denied it saying it was over 14 days. Even when I pointed out their 90 day policy.

Then went to customer service desk, they told me I had to do a return and repurchase. And actually bring my phone in, return it, and purchase a brand new phone at the lower price. (which costs them more, because they can't sell the old phone). I questioned his logic, went back and forth for 5 minutes, then asked nicely to speak to a manager.

The manager came up and within 10 seconds, said "Ok, just refund the difference"

Took the guy another 10 minutes to figure out how to ring up the difference.
In the end, he refunded me the $80, but didn't calculate in the tax (another $6.20) but I wasn't going to push my luck and argue for the $6.20 so I just left it at that.

It shouldn't matter if it was past 14 days, it's not like you were returning the phone.

Anyways, $199 for this bundle is a frickin awesome price. Thanks again for the heads up!

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
This morning I got $80 back on my launch day purchase at Costco. The kiosk manager told me that the price adjustment policy was limited to 30 days following purchase, but that it was up to the staff at the refund desk to make an exception or not. He gave me the coupon code (used for instant rebates on new purchases) and I took that and my receipt to the refund desk. No questions, no problems.

$199.99 for the Costco bundle is an outstanding deal.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones