• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Black semi circle on screen edge

I googled this issue to see if I was the only one, I can’t believe this problem has been around for half a decade and it still remains a mystery.

I also have some weird memory (Mandela effect?) of the half circle pulling out some type of menu on my Galaxy S7 Edge, now it just sits on the top right hand corner above the time. It would be nice if someone can answer this mystery. I don’t even use the phone anymore but it still bothers me that I have no idea what it is.

It is also indeed a perfect half circle, doesn’t look like any dead pixels I’ve ever seen before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 109
Here it is 2023 and I have the exact same problem on my Galaxy 20 but the black semi circle is on the left border. Never moves, always there no matter what app I have open. It covers whatever is on the screen. Extremely annoying!

Have you tried to swipe it? It just looks like a tab of some kind.
I had the same thought. I'm not familiar with the OP's device, but many Motorola phones have a feature called "Sidebar." Its purpose is to have a quick-access slide-out container with apps of your choosing. If you have no apps in it, it will act as you describe (i.e., just sits there doing nothing). Try going into device Settings and search for "Sidebar" (w/o the quotes) in the "Search settings" bar. If you find it and it's ON, turn it off and see if the semi-circle goes away.

Back
Top Bottom