• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BlackBerry User - Profiles Question

GDroid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 15, 2009
Yes, I know there are a lot of similar posts on this topic, but, can someone point me to an application which would allow me to do the following:

Phone - Ringer On
E-mail - Notification Off
SMS - Notification On

I created a "profile" for this on my BB called "SMS AND PHONE". I tried an application called "Timeriffic", but that application combines SMS and E-mail into one "Notification" heading.

I need something that will separate the way SMS and E-mail is handled. The reason being is that when one of our servers is down, I automatically receive a SMS stating so, so I need to be able to have SMS on 24/7, but I don't want to hear my e-mails coming in while I am asleep. Also, I'm ok with "manually" setting the profile on/off.

Thanks for any help you can provide. :D

You can set ringtones and volumes separately for each app.

For instance, I go to Gmail and set a ringtone 100% volume whereas I can have a different ringtone and different volume for Messages. Also, both of these apps allow me to disable notifications for their respective apps altogether.

Unfortunately I have not used the Email app so I don't know if that has its own setting like Gmail does, but everything I've seen so far has its own independent setting, such as Facebook, Twidroid, Gmail, Messages, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones