• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Block 1xRTT

entilzah

Is there a way to prevent the phone from switching to 1xRTT? As I have stated in a previous thread my phone is my internet source because I live in BFE, and it never moves. I am always connected to the same tower according to OpenSignalMaps but for some reason the phone will just switch out of EVDO A which means no internet for me.

Is there a way to prevent the phone from switching to 1xRTT? As I have stated in a previous thread my phone is my internet source because I live in BFE, and it never moves. I am always connected to the same tower according to OpenSignalMaps but for some reason the phone will just switch out of EVDO A which means no internet for me.

It's getting either no signal or weak signal when it switches. Not sure you can do anything different.

The phone does not move and the signal strength stays the same according to OpenSignalMaps. Sometimes when it switches I can get it back by updating PRL which never actually updates, sometimes it takes phone reboot, and then sometimes nothing works. After getting 3g back it may work for a few seconds or a few hours.

The phone does not move and the signal strength stays the same according to OpenSignalMaps. Sometimes when it switches I can get it back by updating PRL which never actually updates, sometimes it takes phone reboot, and then sometimes nothing works. After getting 3g back it may work for a few seconds or a few hours.

Are you stock and updated to the latest OTA?

Updating your prl first, then updating your data profile may help. Give that a shot. If that doesn't work, call customer service from another phone and ask that they reprovision the data profile. Mr. Ed did this back in the days and it fixed his 3G speeds, etc.

Unfortunately no, the phone is rooted.

Ok what ROM are you using? What Kernel are you on? What is the Radio's? You should be able to wipe cache and dalvic not sure that will help with signal but if you get a bunch of garbage (ie incomplete data packets) the that could also be an issue.

Also could you be getting an interference from other devices? If you live in an appartment maybe one the neighbors has something that affects your signal. I know its a long shot to find out but could be the issue.

Boot to hboot and post back your radios (baseband) if you've got old radios you might want to update those.
Wiping dalvik and cache partition might fix it, like argedion said.

You might just need to wipe completely and reflash the Rom from scratch. Save all your stuff and just restore from there.

Also if you are on a sense Rom with the epst codes baked in, you can still call customer service and get the data reprovisioned. Mr. Ed was rooted when he had his done, and he had it done at a store.

Back