• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Blocking OTA 2.2 update in Vanilla FRG22

So does anyone have a solution for this yet (aside from Pete's Fix)

I'm running vanilla FRG22, just like the OP. I do not want to flash a rom right now. I'm happy with my setup, and I don't want to install Pete's fix because it changes your build.prop to reflect that you are running bugless beast (which I am not) and puts pete's signature all over the place, which I also don't want.

WHY WOULD DOG PETES NAME LIKE THAT? IF IT WASNT FOR HIM AND THESE OTHER GREAT DEVELOPERS PUTTING THEIR WORK OUT HERE IN THE COMMUNITY FOR FREE THAT YOU EVEN HAVE THE OPTIONS TO LOAD CUSTOM ROMS and block updates! Next time think before you write.
Pertaining to the original post, For those running BBV.4 Pete's patch works. Just go to his site and download it. ( MAYBE EVEN DONATE WHILE YOU ARE GRABBING THAT FREE PATCH!)

Upvote 0
Wow, dude, take a chill pill and your own advice.

What he wrote is 100% correct. If he does not want to use this method to to prevent getting update notifications, it is his choice. Lay off.

You are correct. I'm sorry if my comment was a little harsh but I think he should have just simply asked the question without slamming someone's name in the process, IMO If it wasn't for guys like Pete, Chevy, yourself, etc. sharing your work and knowledge the Android community wouldnt be what it is today so I got a little upset when Pete's name was used in that context, it seemed derogatory to me. I don't know Pete or any other developer but I truly appreciate their hard work and dedication to the Android community.

Upvote 0
Pete's fix is just a build.prop file. I don't have a vanilla FRG22 build.prop file to compare with (I was using the market fix build.prop file), so what did he change to block the OTA update?

Also, if having Pete's name "all over the place" bugs you, you could just remove those lines from the build.prop file or just simply change the line/lines in your current build.prop file that block the OTA update.

Upvote 0
This worked for me, but for the last few weeks I have been getting a notice about a 1.6MB update that enables flash. When I tell it to install, it is blocked ClockworkRecovery, but the notice always comes back within a few days.

I keep getting this two...for the past few weeks. I can't take it anymore, every time I need to send a super quick text it slows me down. I'm still lost:thinking:...if someone could help me preferably via PM you would have no idea how appreciative i would be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones