• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blue LED on solid at all times

jayjay1122

Android Expert
I've been doing a lot of searching and I have to say I am stumped. This is on a 2 day old S4 on Verizon.

My blue LED is on solid, with the screen off, as if it is charging. Problem is, I am not plugged in. I've killed all apps and processes, rebooted, did a battery pull, etc.

Not sure what could have caused this, but it seems to have started after I installed Beautiful Widgets a couple of hours ago. Uninstalled BW and tried another battery pull and it's still on.

Looking for any input guys, any suggestion will be a big help as I am not in the mood to do a factory reset already. Never been this lost before on a phone and everything seems fine otherwise.

EDIT: Voice recording is not active.

Did you try to clear the Partition Cache ?
If that doesn't help, factory reset, and if that didn't help, it is simply a faulty device.

I would not discount SebaKL's theory of it being a faulty device. It could be that there is a problem with the USB port, that is causing the device to believe it is charging. Whilst I often hear of this sort of thing in older Android phones, it is not impossible that it is also your problem.

I would be inclined to report it as faulty or take it to the nearest Samsung Service Point to be checked out. Backup your stuff as far as possible, using Helium from the Play Store, before taking it in/sending it off.

P.S. Long shot... but with a soft toothbrush or air duster, carefully clean out the USB port to see if that helps.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback and advice! The way it started had me convinced it was app or settings related so I got fed up trying to find out what it was and just did a factory reset.

All is fine now. :D

This happened to me two days ago. I remember mentioning it to my wife, because I had been thru every running app, trying to figure out what it was.

Just stopped, sometime between then and yesterday afternoon. Then I got the OTA last night, so we'll see.

This happened to me two days ago. I remember mentioning it to my wife, because I had been thru every running app, trying to figure out what it was.

Just stopped, sometime between then and yesterday afternoon. Then I got the OTA last night, so we'll see.

Can I ask which OTA you got? Was it VRUAME7?

Back
Top Bottom