• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Blue Marble BACKside theme

elgecko

Android Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2012
PA, USA
I decided to make my own thread on the Blue Marble Theme that I made for JerryScript's great BACKside ROM.

If there seems to be enough interest I'll keep uploading new versions of the Blue Marble theme when the BACKside ROM is updated. Many of you may make your own themes thanks to brotherswing's great tutorial of the UoT Kithcen, which is how I figured out how to make the theme tailored exactly to my tastes.

Here are a few screen shots:

Hint:
Under settings/CyanogenMod settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks/Status bar appearance - Choose ROM (If left on theme, I have the status bar set to black in the theme, but does not stay black with certain apps. ROM setting keeps status bar black at all times)

screenshot-1331173950416.png

Launcher is GO Launcher with Plus Neon Blue.

Wallpaper

Hint:
Under settings/CyanogenMod settings/Interface/Status bar tweaks - Click show clock (If you want the clock) Then go to Clock Color - type- 5e79ff for the blue clock in the pictures.

screenshot-1331174313664.png

screenshot-1331173963640.png

Hint:
Under settings/CyanogenMod settings/Interface/Notification power widget - Check Hide indicator (Turns off green bar under icons)

screenshot-1331174010124.png

Enjoy!

Blue Marble Theme for the BACKside ROM build dates;
Blue Marble BS-03062012.zip
Blue Marble BS-03132012.zip
Blue Marble BS-04012012.zip
Blue Marble BS-04172012.zip
Blue Marble BS-05022012.zip

I decided to make my own thread on the Blue Marble Theme that I made for JerryScript's great BACKside ROM.

If there seems to be enough interest I'll keep uploading new versions of the Blue Marble theme when the BACKside ROM is updated. Many of you may make your own themes thanks to brotherswing's great tutorial of the UoT Kithcen, which is how I figured out how to make the theme tailored exactly to my tastes.

Here are a few screen shots:

screenshot-1327196969800.png

screenshot-1327196920999.png

screenshot-1327196811095.png

Blue Marble Theme for the BACKside ROM build dates;
Blue Marble BS-01202012.zip
Blue Marble BS-01252012.zip
Blue Marble BS-02122012.zip

Any chance of a version for Jerry's latest 02192012 BACKside? I tried your 02122012 version, but it wouldn't even boot. Blue Marble is my favorite theme so far, you did a very nice job.
Thanks

Upvote 0
When Quattrimus is more functional I will probably flash the phone to check it out. I would definitely be making the Blue Marble theme for it then.

Due to differences in ICS, only about half of the theme elements actually show up. I'm working on making a list of what works and what doesn't, will post my findings.
Would appreciate that.
Any different settings needed in the kitchen for the Quattrimus ROM?
Could that be why not all the elements show up?

Reactions: cdunkle584
Upvote 0
It the structure of the framework-res.apk. It draws the screen elements different than 2.3, a lot of the ICS blue is inescapable. There are some dangers though, trying an incompatible mod will bootloop the phone. I'm going through by trial and error making the ugliest theme possible. This will let me spot areas that work and those that don't. Also by recooking each time to add the mods one at a time, I'm finding which ones bootloop the phone. It's taking some time though, I've been sick and still taking care of a two month old.

Reactions: cdunkle584
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones