• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth a2dp not autoconnecting in car!

lburgguy

I've read some others complaining of this phenomenon but there's no specific answer.

The problem is my phone will pair and connect with my Sony headunit just fine the first time. But after that, only the phone audio will automatically autoconnect, the a2dp or media audio will not autoconnect and I then have to connect manually on the phone. It's a pain!

There must be a fix for this.

I read about making a change to the audio.conf file found in /etc/bluetooth folder and that's fine and I've tried it to no avail. I am wondering however, can you simply change that file in a text editor as I did? I clicked it in ES File Explorer and then hit "File Editor" and editted the file. There's no need to worry about that is there? I mean I've read that editing a text file can get tricky since some text editors use different characters or whatnot (I'm not an expert, hoping someone knows what I mean).

Any help would really be appreciated. I am running 2.2.1 rooted. Thanks!

I found a solution and posted the following in the Apps section of this site:

Greetings all. I recently found I have a similar problem that others are having, namely the media player (a2dp) not autoconnecting over bluetooth to the headunit. In my case, I could get the phone and the media to pair and connect to my headunit but any subsequent tries only the phone would connect and I'd have to toggle the media off and on again to get it to connect. I am running Android 2.2.1 but I think the problem is on other versions as well.

I found a solution to this and it works!

I downloaded an awesome app "A2DP Volume" (I have version 2.5.1). It has many cool features such as reading texts to you as you drive, adjusting volume levels automatically, remembering where you parked your car, turning off wifi upon start and other things. But it also has a feature to force a connect between the a2dp and the headunit.

Assuming you are in the same situation as me, open the app.
Click on the connection that is listed there for your headunit (mine says "Xplod" since it's a Sony).
Write down the MAC address it shows.
Click "edit"
Scroll down to where it says "Also connect to bluetooth device" and enter that MAC address.
Click on "save".

You should now be good to go and your phone will now autoconnect to your headunit each time.

Thanks Jim for writing such a cool app and I hope this little writeup can help folks in the future.

Thanks for the great info. Will keep your thread in mind when anybody else has this problem.

Back
Top Bottom