• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth file transfer: Optimus Elite to PC without app?

You were able to send to the OE from the PC but not receive from it? I don't know why you weren't able to transfer via the usb cable, Did you select, "Use as a Mass Storage Device". Use another USB cable and port. Try again.

Doing without installing extra software? Probably not
There are numerous ways to send files from OE to PC, email it to yourself, txt it to an email account, use a program like dropbox etc. In fact, get dropbox period.

The only way other way is to send to ExtSD and remove it everytime you want to transfer files and put that into your PC. Screw that.

Upvote 0
You were able to send to the OE from the PC but not receive from it? I don't know why you weren't able to transfer via the usb cable, Did you select, "Use as a Mass Storage Device". Use another USB cable and port. Try again.

Doing without installing extra software? Probably not
There are numerous ways to send files from OE to PC, email it to yourself, txt it to an email account, use a program like dropbox etc. In fact, get dropbox period.

The only way other way is to send to ExtSD and remove it everytime you want to transfer files and put that into your PC. Screw that.

Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, I want to be able to use wireless Bluetooth transfer both ways. It worked from the PC to OE, but (why?) not OE to PC.

Yes, it works with the USB cable - I was just wondering why it can't go both ways Bluetooth; extra software is not required from PC to OE.

Upvote 0
Right clicking on a PC file will send it to the Optimus Elite via a USB dongle.

Trying to send a pic from the OE to PC; it sees the computer but the transfers fail.

There is a solution to install an app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.medieval.blueftp&hl=en

Is there a way to go OE to PC without installing any extra software?

I know you dont wanna install any extra software on your computer or phone but have you tried AirDroid? - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

It only installs on your phone and you can use your web browser to send/pull media to and from your phone and your pc as long as both are connected to the same wifi network. so your phone could be charging across the house while your transferring some music you just downloaded on your computer to it

Upvote 0
I know you dont wanna install any extra software on your computer or phone but have you tried AirDroid? - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

It only installs on your phone and you can use your web browser to send/pull media to and from your phone and your pc as long as both are connected to the same wifi network. so your phone could be charging across the house while your transferring some music you just downloaded on your computer to it

Thanks. I'm sure the app works great, but it and the other program are asking for way too many permissions:

Permissions
This application has access to the following:

Services that cost you money

• send SMS messages
    Allows the app to send SMS messages. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
Hardware controls

• take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
Your messages

• read SMS or MMS
    Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may read your confidential messages. Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. Malicious apps may read your confidential messages.
    receive SMS
    Allows the app to receive and process SMS messages. Malicious apps may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
    edit SMS or MMS
    Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages. Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.
Network communication

• full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
Your personal information

• read contact data
    Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
    write contact data
    Allows the app to modify the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your contact data. Allows the app to modify the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your contact data.
  • Phone calls: read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage: modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
  • System tools: retrieve running apps
    Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. Malicious apps may discover private information about other apps.
    prevent tablet from sleeping prevent phone from sleeping
    Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep. Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
    modify global system settings
    Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I'm sure the app works great, but it and the other program are asking for way too many permissions:

AirDroid lets you access ALL the functions in your phone including a screen cast, sms, Contacts, remote app install and removal, etc.... if you looked at the features that that single application can do then all the permissions are justifiable just for the app to work at its full potential

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, I want to be able to use wireless Bluetooth transfer both ways. It worked from the PC to OE, but (why?) not OE to PC.

Yes, it works with the USB cable - I was just wondering why it can't go both ways Bluetooth; extra software is not required from PC to OE.

Don't know. I'm guessing it's a software isssue on the PC side. I'm not familiar enough with Bluetooth via PC to say either way though.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: found the solution!

Setting up bluetooth to work on your computer
  1. Just Insert the bluetooth dongle in the USB.
  2. It should get detected by your Operating System and should be ready to use. In case it is just detected as a new hardware, you need to install drivers for it that came with your bluetooth dongle (You can try Google to find the drivers).
  3. Once drivers are installed, a bluetooth notification icon will appear in your system tray.
  4. Right Click on it to access Settings (This may vary with your bluetooth dongle).
  5. Make sure you have turned Discovery On (It allow others to see your computer).
  6. Switch On the bluetooth on the mobile device.
bluetooth_dongle_settings.gif

-> To transfer files from Mobile to PC <-

Your PC cannot accept files if you just send files from your bluetooth device. Although it will get detected but you will receive a message &#8220;Unable to connect&#8221;. You need to make your PC ready to accept incoming connections.

1. Hit Win + R, type in fsquirt and hit Ok.

fsquirt_run.gif

2. Select Next and then select Receive a file.

bluetooth_dongle_transfer_2.gif

3. Your PC is now waiting for incoming connections.

bluetooth_dongle_transfer_6.gif

4. Send the file via bluetooth from your mobile device to PC by selecting Send via Bluetooth option.

5. The transfer will start and when it is completed, you are asked for the location where you want your file to be saved.

bluetooth_dongle_transfer_9.gif

bluetooth_dongle_transfer_10.gif

Bonus Tip :
You can create a shortcut to simply greet you with the option of either sending or receiving a file.

Right Click on empty space on your desktop. Select New > Shortcut. Type in fsquirt and you are done.

Now you can use this shortcut everytime you need to transfer files between your PC and mobile device.

Note: Instructions to hit "Win + R", you could also type in the Windows search box: "run"/enter.

SOURCE:

How to transfer files between computer and mobile device using bluetooth?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones