• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring files from Android phone to PC?

I've spent so much time looking for a "recovery data app" to get access to my Huawei files on the microSD card, but this guy says it's impossible without the Huawei phone:
I came across some good recovery apps but even if they work how will they be able to get past the Huawei encryption that was setup when I made the backups on the Huawei phone?

Examples of recovery apps with great reviews that I don't think will be of any help... 😢😢😢😢😢:

I'm still considering buying a new Huawei phone just so I can access back to my user data(SMS messages, Offline Notes made in Huawei App, Call Logs)

Can anyone confirm that I'll be able to access my user data with a new Huawei phone?

I can't buy a used phone just because I'm too worried about dirt left by a previous user!

I'm still considering buying a new Huawei phone just so I can access back to my user data(SMS messages, Offline Notes made in Huawei App, Call Logs)

Can anyone confirm that I'll be able to access my user data with a new Huawei phone?

I can't buy a used phone just because I'm too worried about dirt left by a previous user!
so your sd card is only encrypted to your phone. it will not matter if you bought another Huawei phone. the encryption is very specific to the phone, otherwise what good would it be to encrypt the sd card for security if you can just pop it out of one and onto another. its a good security feature.

and i do not trust these recovery apps that you see while doing a google search. it has been my experience here, that most of these are scams and pretty much do nothing. or they work, but they will charge an arm and a leg for the service.

have you looked into just getting the old phone fixed? at this point i do not see any real options for you.

so your sd card is only encrypted to your phone. it will not matter if you bought another Huawei phone. the encryption is very specific to the phone, otherwise what good would it be to encrypt the sd card for security if you can just pop it out of one and onto another. its a good security feature.

and i do not trust these recovery apps that you see while doing a google search. it has been my experience here, that most of these are scams and pretty much do nothing. or they work, but they will charge an arm and a leg for the service.

have you looked into just getting the old phone fixed? at this point i do not see any real options for you.
Thanks!

When I created the backups on the original Huawei phone I entered a password to use when I wanted to access the backups again.

I thought that as long as I entered the correct password I’d be able to access the backupsthat are stored on the microSD card? 😢😢

Thanks!

When I created the backups on the original Huawei phone I entered a password to use when I wanted to access the backups again.

I thought that as long as I entered the correct password I’d be able to access the backupsthat are stored on the microSD card? 😢😢
nope. they are encrypted specifically to your phone. it is why you should make it a practice to backup your sd cards periodically to someplace like your computer or the cloud....especially if you have important stuff on your phone. have you looked into getting the charge port fixed or maybe even getting the battery replaced?

if you are a dyi kind of guy you can see if your phone is listed here: Fixing the world, one gizmo at a time. | iFixit News they have repair guides, parts, and even tools to help you.

How exactly did you encrypt the files? Just those specific files, using some encryption app (perhaps provided by Huawei) or encrypting the entire card? If they key you entered was just a code to encrypt the backup itself then the same app should be able to unlock it using the same code (but "the same app" is probably key).

If the card was formatted as internal storage then it is game over: if you did that then the phone has encrypted the card just the same as internal storage is encrypted, with a key that's stored inaccessibly in the original phone, and no other device will be able to read it. You wouldn't enter a password to do this, so this is something different from the encryption you describe, but I'm just noting that if the card was formatted as internal storage then everything else is irrelevant as no other device could read it.

nope. they are encrypted specifically to your phone. it is why you should make it a practice to backup your sd cards periodically to someplace like your computer or the cloud....especially if you have important stuff on your phone. have you looked into getting the charge port fixed or maybe even getting the battery replaced?

if you are a dyi kind of guy you can see if your phone is listed here: Fixing the world, one gizmo at a time. | iFixit News they have repair guides, parts, and even tools to help you.
Thanks!

I'm trying to find a Huawei Ascend G510 for sale and then remove the battery and place it into mine but I can't find much on amazon.com.au... 😢😢😢😢😢

Once again, this is my exact model: Huawei Ascend G510 - Full phone specifications

yeah good luck fininding anything. this phone was released in 2013. it's no wonder you are finding it hard to find the phone or even parts. i wish you luck and keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom