• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth headphones

I have 3M worktunes for mowing and some Cowin E7 Pro noise cancelling one for other times. I like them both.

I'm a fan of the Bose SoundSport buds. They are BT from the source as well as to each other. No wires, cradle, or band to mess with. They produce better quality sound than any other sets I've tried. The battery life is starting to wane a bit but I'm into my second year of daily use so no complaints. There are two additional charges for the buds in their carrying case.

Disclaimer: I've used many sets of BT over the ear and buds but all of a cheaper nature excepting one. I have a fairly expensive set of PowerBeats3 that I have not used since the purchase of the Bose. They work fine and have a great battery life but they sound cheap. I've owned thirty dollar sets that sounded much better. I've only experienced the top end offerings through them and the Bose. Bose win hands down but I don't know how they compare to other higher end units beyond the Beats.

@olbriar has given you the truth in a nutshell version. Bose is the only real pair of earbuds that are credible for the critical listener. (Steven knows. He's researched this and listened to most of them all. He's a musician.)

There are no earbuds that can do as well as wired. The Bose QCii and the present gen Sony are the best sounding and best noise cancelling wireless over the ear cans available nowadays. Many of the reviewers give the edge to Sony on noise cancellation, but the edge goes to Bose for sound accuracy and critical listening.

It all depends upon what you want them for. If you want them for call quality then the Airpods are best. Critics say that the best earbuds for call quality and good listening are the Jabra Elite 65T. I bought a pair and hated them. Callers said that I kept going in and out. My wife's earbuds were the Airpods. As much as I detested buying a pair from Apple, I did and the call quality is better. They have ear tips that if you use them will put the airpods deeper into the canal for better critical listening. When I do this, imo they are almost as good or as good as the Bose, which surprised me.

Nutshell: Bose.
Call quality: Apple

Is anything as good as wired: Not a chance.

Here's a good site to get scientific critical comparison on earphons/buds:

www.rtings.com

Last edited:
i just received this from amazon:
Mpow Flame Bluetooth Wireless

so far i really like it.....especially for the price. sound quality is good. its not as good as wired headphones, but it is better then i thought it is going to be. its got good bass and doesn't not sound distorted when turning the volume up. i need to test how long the battery life is. but so far i like it.

here is the review from unbox therapy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom