• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth help!

So I recently (about 4 months ago) switched from Apple to android and I am very content with my choice.

The switch from an iPhone to my LG G3 is one I will never regret.

I have just now encountered my first problem with this device, and it pertains to Bluetooth. Ever since I have had my phone, bluetooth connectivity to my head unit in my car for music playback via bluetooth has been a breeze. Lately though, namely after a software update in about mid April 2015 (i am not sure what version it is, all I know is "5.0.1"), my bluetooth connectivity in my car has been spotty. It connects perfectly, and I can play a song for about 45 seconds and then the music begins to "skip?" repeatedly every half a second in the same song (not skipping tracks). I have never had this problem before the update, and Bluetooth audio playback on my Soundlink mini is perfect with no skipping or errors. I have tried forgeting the device that is my vehicle, clearning Bluetooth history, playing with settings, etc. But the problem persists. I have read that maybe a device reset can solve the problem? I am trying to save this for a last resort. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Since my update to 5.0.1 I have had trouble connecting to my parrot system in my truck. I have to take the phone out, get the screen on and unlocked in order to connect or make a call. If the phone is not within about 18 inches of the unit it will not make calls either. Must be an issue with the update. Makes it much more dangerous when driving if a call has to be made.

Since my update to 5.0.1 I have had trouble connecting to my parrot system in my truck. I have to take the phone out, get the screen on and unlocked in order to connect or make a call. If the phone is not within about 18 inches of the unit it will not make calls either. Must be an issue with the update. Makes it much more dangerous when driving if a call has to be made.
That is weird. My head unit can connect to make calls as well. I HAVE NOT noticed any issues while using the call feature. I tested this specifically, and calling worked as it should with no "skipping". I can scroll through and call my contacts, missed, recent, and dialed calls with no problem from the head unit (which is a pioneer fh-x700bt). The whole reason I purchased this particular head was for audio playback, so this issue has proven quite the annoyance for nearly a month now. It's good to know I am not the only one suffering from Bluetooth issues since the update.

-original poster

Back
Top Bottom