• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Built in fm transmitter?

bhays3

Hello all I've seen specs online that say the warp came with built in fm transmitter?

If so why can't I find any info on it? Is it true? if so where's the app for it? or where can I download one? Thanks!

Hello all I've seen specs online that say the warp came with built in fm transmitter?

If so why can't I find any info on it? Is it true? if so where's the app for it? or where can I download one? Thanks!

theirs a fm radio in UnitologyV1.0B rom

This there any way to use it via a app not a rom.
it is a awesome rom tho :) and I do recommend it BUT its just not for me.

I read somewhere that even though the chip supports it, the connections to the chip from the circuit board are not there, not for our phone, but a similar snapdragon. Search xda

OK.....a TRANSMITTER sends out a signal

I am pretty sure on a cheap ass phone there is no hardware let alone software
Don't get me wrong , I am happy with my warp. We ain't got no FM xmit

Specs for the chip set say that it has the ability to do it. But either the hardware isn't essentially wired for it, or the software interface layer in gingerbread isn't there, imagine it needing a driver, that we don't have. Anyways , I don't think it will ever be possible.

Specs for the chip set say that it has the ability to do it. But either the hardware isn't essentially wired for it, or the software interface layer in gingerbread isn't there, imagine it needing a driver, that we don't have. Anyways , I don't think it will ever be possible.

The spec sheet on the MSM8655 on Qualcomm's developer network states the processor needs additional chip WCN2243 or QTR8x00 to imbue the hardware with FM transmit and receive. The question now is does the Warp have either chip onboard? Both these chips are most likely dedicated solely to handling RF, so I doubt ZTE had any reason to include them. However, if they performed some other task as well, maybe we're lucky enough to have them inside, and the only issue then would be interfacing to the chip. If someone has a dead Warp, perhaps they could take a look inside it or post some high-res PCB pics we can study to confirm the (non?)existence of one of these chips.

Who knows, maybe Shinru will be generous enough to donate the corpse of his late Warp (may it rest in peace) to science and provide us this information :o

The spec sheet on the MSM8655 on Qualcomm's developer network states the processor needs additional chip WCN2243 or QTR8x00 to imbue the hardware with FM transmit and receive. The question now is does the Warp have either chip onboard? Both these chips are most likely dedicated solely to handling RF, so I doubt ZTE had any reason to include them. However, if they performed some other task as well, maybe we're lucky enough to have them inside, and the only issue then would be interfacing to the chip. If someone has a dead Warp, perhaps they could take a look inside it or post some high-res PCB pics we can study to confirm the (non?)existence of one of these chips.

Who knows, maybe Shinru will be generous enough to donate the corpse of his late Warp (may it rest in peace) to science and provide us this information :o

I have a dead one I can dissect. But most likely that chip is used for NFC. Which this phone does not have.

I have a dead one I can dissect.

Sounds good :) Shinru said he could take some board pics no problem, but the way I see things it won't hurt to have two separate units checked out.

I'm not holding out too much hope on this feature, but if we have the ability (or can get it with a mod) then I'm all for it.

Speaking of the spec sheet for the S2, I think it's totally freakin' awesome that the manufacturer itself states (in official Qualcomm documentation, no less!) that the highest speed on our processor is 1.4GHz... and yet my Warp is blazing away at 1.7 thanks to Shin's kernel :)

When enabled what is its purpose........nothing

When what is enabled? If you're referring to one of the two support chips, that's just the thing - I can't seem to find any documentation on them. So at this point, their job is anybody's guess lol

It looks like there is a bit more to the built in transmitter.: I found this using downthemachines method for for tethering.

Attachments

• shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom