• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Built in fm transmitter?

From your desktop long press and select shortcuts>activities>come.zte.emode scroll down to com.zte.emode.FMtest. A short cut will apear on your desktop. Click on it and fgive it about 5 seconds.

From your desktop long press and select shortcuts>activities>come.zte.emode scroll down to com.zte.emode.FMtest. A short cut will apear on your desktop. Click on it and fgive it about 5 seconds.

The FM Radio is also mentioned as an assigned device in ueventd.rc, which is in the boot partition image. Makes you wonder... it really seems like they fully intended the Warp to have this feature.

The FM Radio is also mentioned as an assigned device in ueventd.rc, which is in the boot partition image. Makes you wonder... it really seems like they fully intended the Warp to have this feature.

I have plugged my headphones in like the FM radio test says and selected a frequency to see if my car stereo would pic it up but nadda. Sucks, I was really hoping to somehow getting this to broadcast my music so I do not have to use a crappy wired fm transmitter.

Can we pick up fm radio on the phone at all? Iv got the aalkman music app and it has a fm mode but i dont get any audio

The Walkman I had in unitology was like the Google chrome just a theme job over a music player the official Walkman app is only compatible with 4.0.x+

Bumping for PM users. Since the WiFi tether works for them maybe the same method would work for the hidden FM transmit screen. Worth a shot

Like I said it is worth a shot. The WiFi hotspot on Boost was not working on US phones probably due to various laws with the FCC...ect. In other countries they are not regulated to the same extent. Even the developer who makes spirit FM on xda says the schematics for the chips are like top secret and difficult to tell if one will support FM transmit. All I know is we have the FM transmit on our phones and it is definitely worth looking into.

Back
Top Bottom