• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Flash ROM directly from factory recovery

bob-st

Android Enthusiast
I know that Mr Bobo created a rom that can be flashed from the factory recovery. Can this work on phones other than the warp (specifically the Motorola triumph)?

I know that Mr Bobo created a rom that can be flashed from the factory recovery. Can this work on phones other than the warp (specifically the Motorola triumph)?

Making a ROM flashable directly through the stock recovery? Yes. However, you'd need to make sure the ROM you're flashing would be designed specifically for the Triumph. Mr. Bobo's n00b ROM (as well as all the others in this subforum) works only on the Warp.

OK I am trying to help a person over on the triumph forum. They have lots of roms to pick from but all of them specify that you must flash from a custom recovery.

She can't install a custom recovery because her usb port is busted.

Without getting too technical, what must be done to a rom to make it flashable from the factory recovery?

OK I am trying to help a person over on the triumph forum. They have lots of roms to pick from but all of them specify that you must flash from a custom recovery.

She can't install a custom recovery because her usb port is busted.

Without getting too technical, what must be done to a rom to make it flashable from the factory recovery?

I think it needs to be signed.:) Dont ask me how to do it, cuz I dont know.:confused: But I believe it needs to be a signed .zip;)

Also she can put a custom recovery zip on her sd card, if the phone has one using a card reader and her pc.

Haven't checked for the triumph specifically, but hardly any phones allow you to flash through stock recovery like the warp, she's probably out of luck, hate to say that but that's the way it goes

Haven't checked for the triumph specifically, but hardly any phones allow you to flash through stock recovery like the warp, she's probably out of luck, hate to say that but that's the way it goes

I figured that was the case. There are some pretty smart people on he triumph forum and no one suggested using the stock recovery.

Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom