• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Ics

I would recommend flashing supersu for root access instead of super user:

http://download.chainfire.eu/204/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip

I use supersu i hate superuser

If you lost root, flash that zip to get it back, that's what I was saying...

awesome to hear you are looking into the ics aosp by the way! Are you a developer? did you see the cm9 development thread? I am just looking for people who can help!

If you lost root, flash that zip to get it back, that's what I was saying...

awesome to hear you are looking into the ics aosp by the way! Are you a developer? did you see the cm9 development thread? I am just looking for people who can help!

I am a dev but still a n00b i make roms for my personal use (not good at making them user friendly)

Is there any problems with the rom. Can you receive calls and texts (that's all that maters to me to start with.) and please tell me how you built the aosp rom, I'm sure everyone would like to know

Is there any problems with the rom. Can you receive calls and texts (that's all that maters to me to start with.) and please tell me how you built the aosp rom, I'm sure everyone would like to know

I used the android sdk image with shins oc kernel but after first boot it now refuses to boot

You got it to boot with a kernel that didn't have changes made for ics? Or better yet, that kernel is 2.6.35.14 I thought you needed a 3.0 kernel for aosp

We have maybe 2 Android OS devs here, and they aren't very active. Most of what people are doing here is modding and fixing stock ROMs. We don't have a fully working JB or ICS ROM because getting everything working takes a lot of time and hard work if you don't have something massive like the Cyanogen team or XDA behind you.

the 2.6.35.14 source is supposed to be ready for ICS or at least CM9. I'm sure ZTE has the source code for their new ICS phone available. Which is identical to the warp. Should be able to get it working by modifying the source a little bit..... That is if it is newer than .14

Rehashing this post, the new phone is a skate acqua with msm7227a. 3.0 kernel source has been released, they already updated to jb, but I really don't know how likely it is that we can port this. The kernel in a stock format, won't build. It has boards for 7x30.

Rehashing this post, the new phone is a skate acqua with msm7227a. 3.0 kernel source has been released, they already updated to jb, but I really don't know how likely it is that we can port this. The kernel in a stock format, won't build. It has boards for 7x30.

Sounds like more problems than benefits

I got the system dump for it too. This is the kind of thing that will present problems when porting, bit honestly, what hasnt .

Back
Top Bottom