• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [poll] which htc sense phone should I port from?

what device should I port from?

• MyTouch 4g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunderbolt 4g

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Inspire 4g

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • EVO shift 4g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVO 4g

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
I am looking to hopefully continue learn how to port roms (I'm not done yet! Just a break :p) but I want to know.. what would probably be the best htc device to port from? I do know for a fact that the device I am porting from needs to be 480x800 (warp's resolution) because I read somewhere that if its higher (such as a rom from say.. the rezound) then it won't work.

So, what do you all think?

Hmm took it up on your self uh? I like your style snake you dont wait you go out and do what you have to do, i like that ahah. Anyway its gonna be a long road snake, could take months depending on the info you have already to port htc to the Warp. Good luck man if you got any questions feel free to ask me as well.

No lol I didn't think anything about what you were planning to do in regards to that when I made this thread. No no, I'm planning to port the rom, like a 100% stock rom from another device. I actually also meant to vote for the evo shift 4g xD

also what do you mean by info? what kinda info?

No lol I didn't think anything about what you were planning to do in regards to that when I made this thread. No no, I'm planning to port the rom, like a 100% stock rom from another device. I actually also meant to vote for the evo shift 4g xD

also what do you mean by info? what kinda info?

Wow full ROM nice, i would suggest starting with the systemui.apk framework res etc as you cant even install htc widgets/apps without editing them.
Info as in any tips or problems you might run into.

Hmm really? How come I have to edit them? I know they hook into the htc framework, but won't that be there too?

Hmm really? How come I have to edit them? I know they hook into the htc framework, but won't that be there too?

what do you mean by copying the htc framework?? not as simple of thats what you were thinking, Pm me.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Possible could go as far as having to create a new kernel to run htc sense.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

HTC sense will be nice. I use to use it in my hd2 and love it. I also would say miui. Miui is smooth and very stable.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Yupp after a good talk with chevan htc sense will not happen from me, case closed.. Sorry guys.

HOWEVEr!!

ICS is going to by my new target to port :)

A
Yupp after a good talk with chevan htc sense will not happen from me, case closed.. Sorry guys.

HOWEVEr!!

ICS is going to by my new target to port :)

HaHah tbh I don't think you have the knowledge to accomplish that...

:p

it's easier when you study first but try is part of that ....

jst gud luck...

Back
Top Bottom