• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [RELEASE] Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7-Beta2 For warp Released today

QuietStorm1785

Jul 24, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
After days upon days of no sleep, constant programming, and no poontang... I finally managed to bring u, Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 for the ZTE warp. It is fully functional except for one feature, unable to mount usb storage atm. It is still in beta stages, so please expect buggies.. Fully backs up all storage mediums, mounts all storage mediums, tested and approved by me. Soo without furthur interruptions or "YES HE DID IT" s......
I give to you... CWM :cool::

DISCLAIMER:
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, NUCLEAR MISSILES, IRRITATED BOWEL SYNDROME, LOSS OF HAIR, ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Beta-1
QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
Beta-2
QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2.img

The instructions for installing are the same as this post: http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/455592-testers-wanted.html#post3564968. Follow those instructions, install those drivers, and if you need drivers yourselves, here is a link: usb_driver.zip. I will quote his post on installation of the drivers and installation of clockworkmod:

Once you have the correct usb drivers installed (if your on windows) do the following:

PHP Code:
adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
fastboot
-windows.exe flash recovery b2_recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-arthur.img
fastboot
-windows.exe reboot
adb
-windows.exe reboot recovery

(if your on linux change '-windows.exe' to '-linux', OSX use '-mac')

[EDIT]
posting new instructions as per user request.....
posted here by me:
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/455592-testers-wanted-6.html#post3847266

if ur in winblows 7, u go to start - control panel - system - then click device manager in top right of ur screen... make sure the device is plugged in and in bootloader mode. The way to reboot into bootloader mode is running cmd, going to the folder you downloaded the files to, and typing: adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader. In device manager u will see a unknown device with an exclamation point on it where usb controllers is. Right click that device, then click update driver software, then click browse my computer for driver software, then browse button on right, and go to the folder u unzipped the USB drivers for your device and select that folder and click OK. The browse for folder dialog box will disappear magically, then click the "include subfolders" checkbox so that it's enabled, should be enabled by default. then click next. it should install the drivers for u. After the drivers are installed, go to the folder u unzipped all the files from sebastian's post in, and follow the directions I posted above to install the custom recovery.

Special Thanks to:
hroark13,
interdpth, Sebastian404 and playfulgod for your help in the making of this port of clockworkmod. Another thanks to all my testers who helped weed out the issues of this project until I was able to get my own warp.....

And as a special gift, I will add a bootanimation in here to test your installation of cwm in a moment.

Heres that custom boot animation to use to test cwm functionality:

Girls_On_Trampoline.zip

Jan 26,2012
CWM beta 1 released

Jan 28,2012

CWM beta 2 released, fixed screen brightness, worked on USB mounting. Currently doing testing on primary build of CM7

I have read testers post. Still don't know what to do.please explain in dummy form for me. Thanks

Note : you need to know what you are doing and why you are doing it....
Because if all these success you'll have access to things a "dummy " that's how you call urself :D... Shouldn't Have access :p

1. First download all the files need ( support files,clockworkmod.img, drivers)

2. Unzip support and and paste it to you c:/.. Just go computer double click the c drive
also in the same folder paste the clockworkmod
(to make things easier make folder called zte and paste all the files in there and then move it to the c:/ ofc )

3. Make sure you install the driver correctly for this to work
(if you can't install the drivers go here

4. Click the windows key and searchers cmd and open as administration (if on windows vista, 7)

5. Now type
cd c:/

The.
Cd zte

and copy and paste these codes one by one (I think you need to wait a little for each code

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
fastboot-windows.exe reboot
adb-windows.exe reboot recovery

Upvote 0
Great work, man! Congrats!

I do not own ZTE Warp, but I own russian clone of ZTE V9+ tablet, which HW is almost similar yers.
Sebastian's b2 recovery has been booting on our device, but been halt/rebooted after 2.5 mins.

So, I've tried your CWM build and it is not going anywhere further green robo=(
Maybe you could share your configs to github, so we'll try to mix your work with Sebastian's b2 to create working recovery?

Reactions: bsvTag
Upvote 0
fastboot-windows.exe flash recoveryb2_recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-arthur.img

Please change this line to
fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
Because you know somebody is going to get stuck right there.

Im glad we finally have a CWM. Glad I could help a little bit.

Dang it is dark, can it be brightened up a little?

Upvote 0
can anyone help me >.< someone redirect me to the drivers for adb . im so lost

Edit 1 : & Help me out , idk if i am doing it right but it goes into bootloader mode & stays tuck on the green android , is that normal ?
& it doesnt go to the second one :[

adb reboot bootloader will boot you to green android. then you do fastboot flash recovery [image name here]

Upvote 0
If
can anyone help me >.< someone redirect me to the drivers for adb . im so lost

Edit 1 : & Help me out , idk if i am doing it right but it goes into bootloader mode & stays tuck on the green android , is that normal ?
& it doesnt go to the second one :[

when you insert the first code in the cmd its normal but if you have entered all of them its not...

If the cmd gives you waiting for device means either you don't have the drivers installed correctly or somehow it got stuck (one time mine got stuck aswell)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones