• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Update.Zip

903Tex

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
Tyler, Texas
MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING!!!

YOU MUST WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE BEFORE FLASHING IN CWM!

Let's thank WOODSTOCK77 for his nandroid! all of this wouldn't have happen without that thanks!

The link to his NANDROID
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...rp-gb-mostly-stock-rooted-w-cwm-recovery.html

"INSTRUCTIONS"

*Place rom in the "ROOT" of the sd card
*boot to CWM

DID YOU MAKE A BACKUP?.............GOOD!
*WIPE DATA
*WIPE CACHE
*WIPE DALVIK CACHE
*GO TO INSTALL ZIP
*INSTALL ROM
*REBOOT
*First boot will take awhile!

DOWNLOAD....

http://depositfiles.com/files/tjw8tefl6

Let's thank WOODSTOCK77 for his nandroid! all of this wouldn't have happen without that thanks!
That was the easy part. You did the hard stuff. Sorry for not understanding what you were doing in the other thread.

oh lol, I got excited there for a minute then I saw it was the same thing as woodstock's nandroid.

So not exactly what I would consider a true custom rom really, just stock with some variations.
The only thing Im curious about now is if when using the update.zip does it set go launcher up for you automatically? It should have with the nandroid but it didnt which made me think that something is wrong with the restore process. If it doesnt with this update.zip then we should know its the backup process and not the restore process.

Upvote 0
oh lol, I got excited there for a minute then I saw it was the same thing as woodstock's nandroid.

So not exactly what I would consider a true custom rom really, just stock with some variations.

To a degree its the same and nothing was changed to much! but its a start point for those who theme, dev, etc.

Android Kitchen is a great start tool with this zip to use for those who want to start doing some work!

[GUIDE] dsixda's Android Kitchen - Now supports SGS2 Skyrocket (Windows/Linux/Mac) - xda-developers

Reactions: Woodstock77
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That was the easy part. You did the hard stuff. Sorry for not understanding what you were doing in the other thread.

The only thing Im curious about now is if when using the update.zip does it set go launcher up for you automatically? It should have with the nandroid but it didnt which made me think that something is wrong with the restore process. If it doesnt with this update.zip then we should know its the backup process and not the restore process.
when was the backup made?
(and is there still an issue with restoring /data with Quietstorm's version?)
Did you convert Go Launcher to a system app proir to your nandriod?
(if so, did you remover teh stock launcher?)

Upvote 0

Some people hate/don't like go launcher so its not that interesting however this "custom" rom its a good alternative for a stock zte warp rom IF you have problems with the phone tho...

Just one question does it remove/replace the stock launcher? If not is pretty useless. I can just download the launcher or a better one without a problem ...

Upvote 0
when was the backup made?
(and is there still an issue with restoring /data with Quietstorm's version?)
Did you convert Go Launcher to a system app proir to your nandriod?
(if so, did you remover teh stock launcher?)
I dont remember the date but its been a couple of weeks. We are not sure if there is a bug with the backup or the restore or with the stock rom itself. Quietstorm said he wanted to test it with a custom rom to make sure it wasnt the CWM. I figured the update.zip here would prove it one way or the other. I didnt convert it to a system app. Of course I wasnt considering that it would be converted so as a nandroid that shouldve been ok. I dont know if still would be though. Old launcher is still there or it wouldnt work at all because the restore process isnt restoring user settings.

Upvote 0
Some people hate/don't like go launcher so its not that interesting however this "custom" rom its a good alternative for a stock zte warp rom IF you have problems with the phone tho...

Just one question does it remove/replace the stock launcher? If not is pretty useless. I can just download the launcher or a better one without a problem ...
That wasnt the point bro. It was just meant as a test of whether or not it works when I made it. And although it did make a good replacement for people with messed up roms it did not restore with the go launcher installed which it should have.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Spiyder
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones