• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] The official Communications problems with adb debugging thread! :D

Snake X

Android Expert
Good name, right? :P

Anyways, I'll start. This is my problem:

Code:
C:\zte>adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader
adb server is out of date.  killing...
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

I have all the drivers installed and everything.. I am also in debugging mode so I dont get it

For the better part of the day i have been trying to get adb to work in bootloader. ADB works fine when the phone is on but when i ADB reboot-bootloader, ADB stops seeing the phone.

Stupid windows will not install the bootloader drivers. I tried messing with the crets and its a no go. I would love to test CWM. Could it be a problem with windows 7 64bit?

Device mgr says it found a problem with the device and stopped it....

Good name, right? :P

Anyways, I'll start. This is my problem:

I think the problem may be with the support zip we were using... I installed the android sdk and used adb and fastboot from that folder and it's working... I can't remember if I had installed adb originally at work from another thread, but I suspect I did... I am going to reinstall adb another way and let you know if it works

I think the zte adb bootloader driver are not installed properly

Try deleting the zte drivers and install the one provided....

Because I HAD the same issue as snake but not anymore

Try deleting the zte drivers and install the one provided....

you mean the ZTE composite ADB interface drivers?

edit: I can't seem to be able to select the drivers myself because it automatically installs them even without internet and when I try to update them it "Determined by windows they are up to date" D:

you mean the ZTE composite ADB interface drivers?

edit: I can't seem to be able to select the drivers myself because it automatically installs them even without internet and when I try to update them it "Determined by windows they are up to date" D:

:% I hated that too....

I'm going to uninstall every thing and so I get error and try to fix it....

Make a Lil tutorial if I get it working again tho.....

I had the same problem as Snake X until I moved my USB cable from a front port to one on the back. Then it acepted the drivers and worked.

I don't have a problems with drivers installing, only that one message. Though I will move ports to see if I can get a different result hopefully

edit: if this helps, I am in debug mode and i ran the autoplay when i plug my phone in

edit 2: same result

I was able to get it to work by just using adb and fastboot from android sdk, I renamed those two files to adb-windows.exe and fastboot-windows.exe to match the instructions we had from the original post....

I have zipped it up here: https://rapidshare.com/files/1342855408/adb.zip

just unzip that at your root c or where ever... the odd thing is it doesn't need any new drivers and just works... at least for me it does.

Apparently the files AdbWinApi, adb-windows, and AdbWinUsbApi are in use. I'll reboot my computer and retry to replace them

I don't have a problems with drivers installing, only that one message. Though I will move ports to see if I can get a different result hopefully

edit: if this helps, I am in debug mode and i ran the autoplay when i plug my phone in

edit 2: same result
I could get the drivers to install also but when I rebooted to bootloader I would look in the device manager and it would install the wrong driver and wouldnt acept the one from post one of testers wanted thread. After I moved the USB cable it accepted those drivers and worked from there on out. Im not saying that is your issue but I have heard of other people having this same issue and one guy even had to go to a different computer altogether because it would not work right on his.
Im positive its not the support files causing the issues.

oh yeah I think i had that problem when I used splash flasher script it rebooted and it didnt install the right driver or it couldnt find it and i unplugged my phone and i thought i bricked it but all was well

edit: the new adb worked :D

edit 2: if I install a beta that quietstorm produces, will it overwrite the original operating system? I gotta go 2 bed in 30 mins and I need my alarm clock xD

edit 3: nvm on that part, i can still access the os :P

oh yeah I think i had that problem when I used splash flasher script it rebooted and it didnt install the right driver or it couldnt find it and i unplugged my phone and i thought i bricked it but all was well

edit 2: if I install a beta that quietstorm produces, will it overwrite the original operating system? I gotta go 2 bed in 30 mins and I need my alarm clock xD

it won't change anything except the recovery part of the phone, all your settings will be fine... I tested rc8 already though so I would wait for the next one

Glad it works.... (more testers)

I couldn't get mine NOT work.... It always worked no matter what :D

I'm having problems updating my driver. It keep saying WPD FileSystem Volume Driver is already up to date. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: got it.

OMG... ADB does not and never will work in bootloader... derp derp

I have everything working from the start.. I just flashed it and did a backup.

Guys could ya help me out a bit ?
it turns out that is not the adb or fastboot problem -.-
the problem is that my computer doesnt recognize my device it says "device unknown" when its in boot loader mode , & i tried so many different ways in installing the drivers but the problem is how do i uninstall the drivers ? i wanna install them again

yeah i doo ,
btw the only thing is that it doesnt let me update the drivers , it keeps saying
" Windows found driver software for your devide but encountered an error while attempting to install it "
& the it shows a little picture of a driver with a question mark & says "android" next to it
& Then under it its says " There is No driver selected for the device information set or element"

n00b question : explain to me what that means ?

yeah i doo ,
btw the only thing is that it doesnt let me update the drivers , it keeps saying
" Windows found driver software for your devide but encountered an error while attempting to install it "
& the it shows a little picture of a driver with a question mark & says "android" next to it
& Then under it its says " There is No driver selected for the device information set or element"

n00b question : explain to me what that means ?

I was having this same issues. Right after you adb reboot-bootloader. When it first comes up in the device manager with android device in yellow with a question mark. This is when you can install the drivers.

When you get the android with question you need to manually install the drivers. Just right click the icon -> update driver ->browse to where you unzipped the drivers.

I was having this same issues. Right after you adb reboot-bootloader. When it first comes up in the device manager with android device in yellow with a question mark. This is when you can install the drivers.

When you get the android with question you need to manually install the drivers. Just right click the icon -> update driver ->browse to where you unzipped the drivers.

Believe it or not i tried it so many times but it doesnt seem to work, i used the zip file from the threads & the one from woodstook77 but it doesnt want to install them :/

Believe it or not i tried it so many times but it doesnt seem to work, i used the zip file from the threads & the one from woodstook77 but it doesnt want to install them :/

Try this.
Open the usb_driver folder or what ever its called that has the drivers you are trying to install.
You will see 2 files that are 9k. One ends with 86 and the other 64.
Double click the one of the files(86 for 32 bit windows, 64 for 64 bit windows).
This will open the Security Catalog window. click "view signature" -> "view certificate" -> "install certificate." Then just click "next" twice and then "finish."

Now try to re-install the drivers. Not sure if this will work.

when i use woodstock77 cwm installer this is what it shows up

"
C:\Windows\system32>adb kill-server

C:\Windows\system32>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Windows\system32>fastboot flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>fastboot reboot
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>pause
Press any key to continue . . . "

explain to me please , do i have it in the wrong place or what.

Edit 1: Forget the first part , i was in bootloader mode when i ran it again xD , but yeah the other ones , idk why it says it doesnt recognizes them :/

Back
Top Bottom