• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] The official Communications problems with adb debugging thread! :D

when i use woodstock77 cwm installer this is what it shows up

"
C:\Windows\system32>adb kill-server

C:\Windows\system32>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Windows\system32>fastboot flash recovery QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>fastboot reboot
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>pause
Press any key to continue . . . "

explain to me please , do i have it in the wrong place or what.

Edit 1: Forget the first part , i was in bootloader mode when i ran it again xD , but yeah the other ones , idk why it says it doesnt recognizes them :/

Try moving the folder to c:/

"'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

its not finding the file "fastboot.exe". if you have fastboot-windows.exe remove the -windows part

Hello folks!

I, too, was having a difficult time getting Windows 7 (64-bit) to update the drivers. I even installed the latest SDK general drivers. It would keep going back to saying that "Unknown Device" was the best driver for my hardware. When I'd try to force the issue by using "Have Disk..." it would then tell me that the android_winusb.inf did not contain driver information suitable for a 64-bit OS...

So I Googled my heart out until I found this:

-- Okay, I can't post links - no matter how helpful they might be... so instead let me tell you to Google for "Making Fastboot work on 64-bit Windows 7 systems" and it should be the very first link, hosted on rootzwiki's domain. --

It's a quick guide that I found which uses PdaNet's drivers and it worked great for me!

Hello folks!

I, too, was having a difficult time getting Windows 7 (64-bit) to update the drivers. I even installed the latest SDK general drivers. It would keep going back to saying that "Unknown Device" was the best driver for my hardware. When I'd try to force the issue by using "Have Disk..." it would then tell me that the android_winusb.inf did not contain driver information suitable for a 64-bit OS...

-- Okay, I can't post links - no matter how helpful they might be... so instead let me tell you to Google for "Making Fastboot work on 64-bit Windows 7 systems" and it should be the very first link, hosted on rootzwiki's domain. --

It's a quick guide that I found which uses PdaNet's drivers and it worked great for me!

Welcome to the AndroidForums, Xorith!

Thank you for that nugget of information...is this the link you were trying to post?:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/4551-guide-making-fastboot-work-on-64-bit-windows-7-systems/

(its actually not responding at the moment, but it was the first entry that showed-up from the Google search you described; I'm hoping / guessing that rootzwiki is just a little slow this morning and that its not a broken link).

Cheers and thank you for signing-up with us here at AF :).

Yes! That's the one... and yeah, it doesn't seem to be responding. Google does have a cached version though with all the relevant information.

Also thanks for the warm welcome! I've been a closet Android geek for a while now, having bought a Toshiba Thrive back in July. I hope I can help out again in the future as these forums have been a great help to me so far.

Hello folks!

I think you need this:

I think you need this:

That might do the trick for me, but the PdaNet solution is also working and has the added benefit of letting me tether my ZTE Warp. I was using the Internet on my laptop earlier today - was fairly snappy actually. :)

hello every one I have a noob question for woodstock77 or any other person who knows how they where able to get the updated drivers to install i have tried all of the different way i have found on this forum but have had no luck and I have even tried installing the certificate and still no luck i am running a vista home desktop and have the b08c update on my phone. and if any one could be of help with this please help me out and thanks for all of the work you all are doing

edit: here is a link to a thread that helped me fix the driver issue look for post #67 on pg. 2
http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...d-also-work-earlier-builds-2.html#post4039911

thanks again woodstock77 for posting that

---------------------------------------------------------------
Xperia 2011 ICS Easy Rooting toolkit (v1.0)
created by DooMLoRD
"andorid emulator" trick
Credits go to all those involved in making this possible!
[*] This script will:
(1) root ur device using "andorid emulator" trick
(2) install Busybox (1.18.4)
(3) install SU files (ICS specific)
(4) do some checks for free space, tmp directory
(will remove Google Maps if required)
[*] Before u begin:
(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
(2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
from (Menu\Settings\Developer Options\Development)
(3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
from (Menu\Settings\Security)
(4) [OPTIONAL] increase screen timeout to 10 minutes
(5) connect USB cable to PHONE and then connect to PC
(6) skip "PC Companion Software" prompt on device
CONFIRM ALL THE ABOVE THEN
Press any key to continue . . .
--- STARTING ----
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
--- creating temporary directory
mkdir failed for tmp, File exists
--- cleaning
rm failed for *, No such file or directory
--- symlinking tmp directory
--- Rebooting
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE TO RECONNECT
--- PLEASE WAIT, THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE
if it gets stuck over here for a long time then try:
disconnect usb cable and reconnect it
toggle "USB DEBUGGING" (first disable it then enable it)
--- DEVICE FOUND
--- enabling emulator hack
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/local.prop: Permission denied
--- Rebooting
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE TO RECONNECT
--- PLEASE WAIT, THIS MAY TAKE A WHILE
if it gets stuck over here for a long time then try:
disconnect usb cable and reconnect it
toggle "USB DEBUGGING" (first disable it then enable it)
--- DEVICE FOUND
--- pushing busybox
failed to copy 'files\busybox' to '/data/local/tmp/./busybox': Permission denied

--- correcting permissions
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/busybox: No such file or directory
--- remounting /system
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/tmp/busybox: not found
--- checking free space on /system
failed to copy 'files\makespace' to '/data/local/tmp/./makespace': Permission de
nied
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/makespace: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: ./data/local/tmp/makespace: not found
--- copying busybox to /system/xbin/
/data/local/tmp/busybox: cannot open for read: No such file or directory
--- correcting ownership
Unable to chown /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
--- installing busybox
/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/busybox, No such file or directory
--- pushing SU binary
failed to copy 'files\su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
--- correcting ownership
Unable to chown /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
--- correcting symlinks
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
--- pushing Superuser app
failed to copy 'files\Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/./Superuser.apk': Read-only
file system
--- cleaning
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
--- rebooting
ALL DONE!!!
Press any key to continue . . .

It keeps saying im rooted but im not

Back
Top Bottom