• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boosting Volume

Depending on what device you have, there may be an equalizer 8n the sound settings. If there is you can turn all the levels up an equal amount, which will increase the overall volume without changing the sound. Note that pushing the volume up this way might exceed the limits of the speaker and cause some distortion.
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't appear to have an equalizer.

Upvote 0
what phone do you have? i do not think there is an app that can boost volume. usually something like that is not a software issue, but a hardware one. is the volume low on every use? like in an app like youtube vs call volume? is it low for both? if so, it could be just your phone......like i said a hardware issue.

Reactions: tube517 and MrJavi
Upvote 0
https://speaker-boost.en.uptodown.com/android

I recommend version 2.03 for an ad-free experience, if it will work on your device.

If it won't work, then try the newest version.

Keep in mind that Android only allows one sound enhancement app to work at a time, and if you try to activate multiples then you can jam it up to where none of them will work.
So be sure to force stop any other user installed sonic apps on the device.

If it still wont work, try restarting the device and try again.

This will reset the 'jam' if there is one.

Upvote 0
what phone do you have? i do not think there is an app that can boost volume. usually something like that is not a software issue, but a hardware one. is the volume low on every use? like in an app like youtube vs call volume? is it low for both? if so, it could be just your phone......like i said a hardware issue.
Thank you for your response. I have a Bold (Blu) C2 Android 9 Pie (Go edition). There is nothing wrong with the phone or the audio. The overall volume is a little lower than other phones I purchased. However, I would like to increase the volume to Google Assistant and Google Maps if possible.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
https://speaker-boost.en.uptodown.com/android

I recommend version 2.03 for an ad-free experience, if it will work on your device.

If it won't work, then try the newest version.

Keep in mind that Android only allows one sound enhancement app to work at a time, and if you try to activate multiples then you can jam it up to where none of them will work.
So be sure to force stop any other user installed sonic apps on the device.

If it still wont work, try restarting the device and try again.

This will reset the 'jam' if there is one.
Thank you for your recommendation. Is this app you are recommending available within the play store? I will only install apps from within the Play Store. I had some bad experiences installing apps that were not in the Play Store.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your recommendation. Is this app you are recommending available within the play store? I will only install apps from within the Play Store. I had some bad experiences installing apps that were not in the Play Store.

It is, but you will get ads.

UpToDown is the number 2 appstore in the world.

Just so you know, Google PlayStore has more apps with malware than any other.

I gave you the UpToDown link, so that you can try the older, ad-free version to see if it works on your phone.

It is an old version, so if your device is newer, it may not work unless you use the new version of the app.

UpToDown allows the downloading of older versions of apps, whereas Google does not.
I don't like Google deciding what I have available to place onto my devices.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. Do you recommend a specific equalizer app that works with unrooted phones? I installed several and none worked.

I have Equalizer FX Pro, which I don't really use anymore since I bought Pi player which also has one as many players do. FX Pro does have "bass boost" and "loudness enhancer" options, not sure if that'll get you where you want to go.

Upvote 0

I gave you the UpToDown link, so that you can try the older, ad-free version to see if it works on your phone.

It is an old version, so if your device is newer, it may not work unless you use the new version of the app.

UpToDown allows the downloading of older versions of apps, whereas Google does not.
Where is this app in Play Store? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have Equalizer FX Pro, which I don't really use anymore since I bought Pi player which also has one as many players do. FX Pro does have "bass boost" and "loudness enhancer" options, not sure if that'll get you where you want to go.
Thank you for your recommendation. Do you know whether this app works on unrooted phones? I don't see this language on the app description within Play Store.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I just noticed that Equalizer FX Pro costs $1.99. I am reluctant spending any money on an app that I don't know for certain is going to work. Is Equalizer FX, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devdnua.equalizer.free&hl=en_US, the free version of the same app? If so, do you know if this app works on unrooted phones as I see no language of this in its description? Thanks.

I'm not sure about the free version, and this is not meant as a dis, but please shake off the paradigm of two buck stuff being a big deal, a burger at md's costs more. I've paid for lots of stuff that I don't even use anymore, and the authors would probably rather have the ad money anyway. :)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the free version, and this is not meant as a dis, but please shake off the paradigm of two buck stuff being a big deal, a burger at md's costs more. I've paid for lots of stuff that I don't even use anymore, and the authors would probably rather have the ad money anyway. :)
I totally understand and appreciate your take on this issue. So, we differ a bit. No big deal. Both apps were created by the same developer. So, perhaps Equalizer FX might be the free version. I just emailed the developer to see if the free version works on unrooted phones. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I just installed Equalizer FX and it didn't work.

Upvote 0

UpToDown is not an app that you will find on the PlayStore.

UpToDown is another appstore altogether.

It is the second largest in the world.

Speakerboost is available from PlayStore, but not in an older, ad-free version.

I don't like dealing with PlayStore, partly for this reason.

Another app that may help you is EQ-FX.

https://eq-ecualizador-fx.en.uptodown.com/android

Upvote 0
UpToDown is not an app that you will find on the PlayStore.

UpToDown is another appstore altogether.

It is the second largest in the world.

Speakerboost is available from PlayStore, but not in an older, ad-free version.

I don't like dealing with PlayStore, partly for this reason.

Another app that may help you is EQ-FX.

https://eq-ecualizador-fx.en.uptodown.com/android
Thank you.

Upvote 0
Then you should try again after restarting your device.

Remember that Android will only successfully run one sound enhancement app at a time.

And there is usually one that is built in, regardless if it is accessible by the user.

Restarting the device will make sure that no other sound effects are running.

After the restart, try it again.

Keep in mind that this will not work if you are trying to play music and your music player has sound enhancements- EQ, virtuallizer, bass boost, etc.

It also most likely will have no effect on phone call volume.

Upvote 0
Then you should try again after restarting your device.

Remember that Android will only successfully run one sound enhancement app at a time.

And there is usually one that is built in, regardless if it is accessible by the user.

Restarting the device will make sure that no other sound effects are running.

After the restart, try it again.

Keep in mind that this will not work if you are trying to play music and your music player has sound enhancements- EQ, virtuallizer, bass boost, etc.

It also most likely will have no effect on phone call volume.
Thank you for your response. I'm only looking for something to boost the sound of Google Assistant and Maps. All other sounds have adequate volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones