• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boot animation help] Cant figure out why it wont work

ccsoccer03

Aug 23, 2010
I've read tutorial after tutorial about how to make a boot animation and I just cant seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. I know it must be simple. I dont think it matters what rom im using but just in case, I'm using cm7 nightly 25 for my droid x. will someone download this and check out why its not working??
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Edit: All I get is a black screen which leads me to believe some how its not compatible but im not sure how or why its not.

no offense, but how are we to know this would be legit? can you send screenshots of what its supposed to look like?

i only say this because we would be installing this zip file not knowing what it is or whats in it.

im not trying to be rude, and i apologize if this comes off this way, i just hope you would understand why i ask this.

post screenshots of what it is supposed to look like and we can look at it for you :)

Reactions: ccsoccer03
Upvote 0
its supposed to be one of the teaser trailers from transformers
YouTube - ‪Transformers Droid Boot Animation‬‏

It's not cropped correctly and such I know. I'm simply making my first steps to see if i can even make one work.

MyMovie001.jpg

MyMovie267.jpg

MyMovie515.jpg

MyMovie2277.jpg

Upvote 0
I've read tutorial after tutorial about how to make a boot animation and I just cant seem to find out what I'm doing wrong. I know it must be simple. I dont think it matters what rom im using but just in case, I'm using cm7 nightly 25 for my droid x. will someone download this and check out why its not working??

Edit: All I get is a black screen which leads me to believe some how its not compatible but im not sure how or why its not.

sounds like your desc.txt file was not edited properly, or you used extra compression for archiving when creating the zip.

Reactions: ccsoccer03
Upvote 0
So I started a new one, this time based on pictures instead of a video. I'm making it a two part desc file like this.

480 854 10
p 1 0 Trans1
p 0 0 Trans2

The first folder goes all the way through flawlessly but when it gets time for it to switch to the next folder, it immediately turns black until android loads. I've double checked resolutions, that the numbering is continuous from the first folder, the folder names match the desc.txt file... I'm at a loss. Why would it play the first folder fine, but the second set goof?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones