• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot up problem (Samsung Galaxy Y Duos)

joBEAt55

Lurker
I have a phone which is Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and I had it for almost half a year. My problem is that whenever I boot up my phone, it usually load and prepare the apps, scan my SD card for media and other files etc. but after all of these when I tried to unlock my phone by swiping the screen, I couldn't unlock it and it gets stuck or even that I had unlocked it, the screen gets stuck and all of these gets my system to reboot again for two times and it powers off. I've managed to switch on my phone again and it gets back to normal. This problem is persistently occurring and I don't see anything or any problem that happened or I have done to my phone. My recent activities before this issue happened was I opened the Sysdump(by dialling *#9900# and opens it) and I select "copy to SD card" and it transfers the dump files to my SD card so that it decreases its usage from my internal memory as it is so low. Other one is my phone is rooted but I'd done it successfully and with out any problems. I also often switch off and on my phone for many times in a day for other reasons. Please send me your solutions and tips to cure my phone's issue.

Welcome to the forums i hope your issue can be resolved quickly.

Ive moved this post to the galaxy Y duos section so you can get as much help as possible

I guess the best is for you to do a factory reset.

A factory reset will bring back the phone to it's original status as when you bought it. It also will delete all data including contacts, SMS, Music, Photos etc. A backup should be done before doing this.

Factory data reset: Reset your settings to the factory
default values and delete all your data.

Press and hold the Power key for 8-10 seconds and release. The device will
reboot automatically.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. In Idle mode, open the application list and select
Settings → Privacy → Factory data reset → Reset phone
→ Erase everything.

(User Guide page 115 & 121)

Back
Top Bottom