• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bootloader problem

tried that twice and it doesnt let me get to it it just turns on

Oh i think i know why, have you disable the fastboot?
It's in settings in battery

Disable fastboot. Then power off phone. Make sure the PG86IMG file is in the root of your SD card.

Then power it on by holding power+volumne down at the same time until you see the bootloader.

Upvote 0
Try removing/replacing the battery then press the volume down and power buttons together and hold them until the bootloader starts. Then connect the phone to your PC and make sure the "fastboot usb" mode is active.

If you can do that the hboot file can be flashed using fastboot commands from your PC if you place it in the same directory as your ADB/fastboot files.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
Try removing/replacing the battery then press the volume down and power buttons together and hold them until the bootloader starts. Then connect the phone to your PC and make sure the "fastboot usb" mode is active.

If you can do that the hboot file can be flashed using fastboot commands from your PC if you place it in the same directory as your ADB/fastboot files.

ramjet73

i just wanted the march 2013 radio, how do i do that

Upvote 0
Turn the phone off.

Press and hold volume-down.

Press the power button while holding volume-down.

Release the power button after 2 seconds, keep volume-down pressed.

You're now in the bootloader...
If your install does not start, select "bootloader" by pressing the power button with it highlighted.

Alternatively, when you see "fastboot USB" on the screen, you may do the following:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Code:
fastboot flash zip thezipyouwanttoflash.zip
Just make sure your zip file is in the same folder as fastboot when you do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones