• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader Unlock & Back to Stock for Motorola E4 Plus "owens"

Do you know if that mmcblk0 they have listed will work with our phones?

Not the one they listed, no. Mine does, but I haven't posted it yet. FYI, I got the Owens to boot but haven't managed to find a way to get it to boot without the sdcard yet.. Still working on it, Lol

Reactions: jestyr8
Upvote 0
Well my bricked one is my spare so I'm hammer with testing

Yo. It's done. Total unbrick. All thanks to our ole buddies I mentioned earlier helping out. I'm gonna get with him about posting the owens Unbrick thread. He may just have me do it, I'll find out and see y'all get some help with this real soon

Attachments

• image-20181029_130139.jpg
    image-20181029_130139.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 404
Reactions: Some Guy Here
Upvote 0
Great update. Apparently, Lenovo has updated their smart assist software to now support the moto phones. I was able to download a firmware for my xt1775 USC variant. For those who can get into fastboot check it out.

Right now I'd be happy to get into fastboot. All I'm getting is black screen with no indication of the phone being on or off and showing up with the Qualcomm device in device manager on my pc

Upvote 0
Right now I'd be happy to get into fastboot. All I'm getting is black screen with no indication of the phone being on or off and showing up with the Qualcomm device in device manager on my pc

It's probably just dead as hell and needs a few hrs charge.. Did'ja use the G5 unbrick guide to setup the sdcard with the mmcblk0?

Edit: Linux may be friendlier.. Make a liveboot DVD/USB and run it that way, doesn't conflict with WynnDerz

Upvote 0
It's probably just dead as hell and needs a few hrs charge.. Did'ja use the G5 unbrick guide to setup the sdcard with the mmcblk0?

Edit: Linux may be friendlier.. Make a liveboot DVD/USB and run it that way, doesn't conflict with WynnDerz
I let the phone charge for about 3hrs while setting up a live USB for Linux mint. Followed the guide exactly but still getting no response from the phone

Upvote 0
I let the phone charge for about 3hrs while setting up a live USB for Linux mint. Followed the guide exactly but still getting no response from the phone

I've noticed success when holding the vol down + pwr, then plugging in USB or holding them same buttons down for near 20-30 seconds. It should literally boot into fastboot mode if the sdcard was done properly.. Or it just may not work at all coming from a different device model #. But dang, should still at least get ya to fastboot mode..

Upvote 0
I've noticed success when holding the vol down + pwr, then plugging in USB or holding them same buttons down for near 20-30 seconds. It should literally boot into fastboot mode if the sdcard was done properly.. Or it just may not work at alll coming from a different device model #. But dang, should still at least get ya to fastboot mode..

So far nothing... Might just have to wait till a proper blk0 file for the 1775 is available and then try again. But huge thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
So far nothing... Might just have to wait till a proper blk0 file for the 1775 is available and then try again. But huge thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Ok then, I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, an xt1775 may be your ticket.. Hope someone uploads it for ya soon, I'll definitely link it in post #2

Reactions: jestyr8
Upvote 0
Hello everyone, first off I would like to say that I have finally managed to unbrick my moto e4 plus (xt1776) after about 3 months or so... While I was doing the fastboot commands to flash stock img I got several errors and it never rebooted... I ran the commands again with the same errors but this time the device booted all the way to the setup screen... I noticed that as soon as the phone boots it still says "bad key"... how can I fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, first off I would like to say that I have finally managed to unbrick my moto e4 plus (xt1776) after about 3 months or so... While I was doing the fastboot commands to flash stock img I got several errors and it never rebooted... I ran the commands again with the same errors but this time the device booted all the way to the setup screen... I noticed that as soon as the phone boots it still says 'bad key'... how can I fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bad Key is due to unlocked bootloader, no worries. You'd have to relock the bootloader to get rid of the Bad Key sign but isn't worth it as Motorola will only give one unlock code per device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones