• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bricked and cant open fix files

gtnit

Lurker
I bricked it trying to get back to 893 from 901 and have spent 2 days trying to fix it. I did manage to get it back using rsd lite and the flashme file but when i did the OTA update it is bricked again and will only on to the battery ok screen says fastboot invalid at top and such. I have tried so many files to fix it now but everything i try to run says it is for the 32 bit system and I am a 64 bit syatem. I dont know how to write the command promp screen correctly to try it my self. I am on a vista OS and if that is what I need to do can someone tell me exactly what to write. i have tried dropping the fix files into it but it says it cant run it due to the 32 bit operating system proble.
 
I have asked this thread moved to the Bionic section where you should get more help than in the Droid section.

good luck
 
I bricked it trying to get back to 893 from 901 and have spent 2 days trying to fix it. I did manage to get it back using rsd lite and the flashme file but when i did the OTA update it is bricked again and will only on to the battery ok screen says fastboot invalid at top and such. I have tried so many files to fix it now but everything i try to run says it is for the 32 bit system and I am a 64 bit syatem. I dont know how to write the command promp screen correctly to try it my self. I am on a vista OS and if that is what I need to do can someone tell me exactly what to write. i have tried dropping the fix files into it but it says it cant run it due to the 32 bit operating system proble.


Where are you at now?
 
I'll post my favorite link;

[FIX] Bionic (Boot FAILURE) & (CDT FAILURE) - xda-developers

if you follow these instructions this will recover your phone and possibly get you to .901.

I have done this many many times from a bricked state.

If you fear your battery is low, boot into recovery. Press and hold the power button and vol up and down all at the same time. Use vol down to select (I think) BP TOOLS (the bottom option) and then hit vol up and that *should* get your phone booted so you can at least charge the battery. If you like that then you can keep it there too.

Good luck and I hope that fixes it.
 
Back
Top Bottom