• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bricked tablet build.prop

josefn

Jun 5, 2014
samsung galaxy tab2 7.0 gt-p3110 4.2.2, rooted. wanted to change sdk and release numbers in build.prop to sdk 23, release 6.0 ; installed build prop tweaker, changed the values; after restart it shows screen with big icons, and swipe to unlock, when i swipe does not unlock. when changing values ro.build.sdk , version.release in build prop tweaker, sdk changed easily, but release did not, showed a red warning; before reboot i opened build.prop.tmp under storage / 0/ (is it the right build.prop ?), in it sdk and version were changed to 23 , 6.0.

if you flash a firmware update it could unroot your device......but is worth a try

also next time please flash the TWRP custom recovery and make a nandroid backup before doing anything to your device:

and also bricked is a very misused term. bricked is that.....a device that is as useless as a brick. if you can still flash a firmware update or have a custom recovery, than it is not bricked.......just saying.

Upvote 0
i reflashed it using odin and tried to do the same - change release and sdk numbers; after changing release number to 6.0 it restarted and worked normally but it was impossible to install app even for android 4.4 - 'parsing error'; after changing sdk after restart the same happened again, it froze, could not unlock screen; i had to reflash it again. what in build prop should i change to make it possible to install a newer app without reflashing with custom rom?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones