• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked ZTE Avid (Need Help)

AlexVRod

Lurker
Hope all is well,
I bricked my phone and need help fixing it.
I wanted to switch my recovery from Shabbypenguin's CWM to totlth's CM10.
I decided to use Rom Manager to flash the recovery but tried to be witty and use the "Terminal Emulator" on it.
-so I proceeded to input "su"
-then typed "dd if=/sdcard/6031-recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13"

everything seemed to have been going well. So then I decided to flash the "rapture" rom on through Rom Manager and once the reboot happened my phone just doesn't turn on. All I have is the red light on the top right corner of the phone.

Please help.

Hope all is well,
I decided to use Rom Manager to flash the recovery but tried to be witty and use the "Terminal Emulator" on it.

everything seemed to have been going well. So then I decided to flash the "rapture" rom on through Rom Manager and once the reboot happened my phone just doesn't turn on. All I have is the red light on the top right corner of the phone.

Please help.

You flash to the wrong partition go to metropcs a replace your phone I have like 4 phone like that a I change them in metropcs corp

Hope all is well,

Please help.

The partition is the 16 not the 13

Check if can boot in ftm take the battery out put the back hold power and vol down and see if you can get ftm mode then let me know

thanks for the reply.
Sadly, I can't get to FTM mode :(
I hate how such a little mistake will f*&* the whole thing up.

Any other thoughts? My computer still reads the phone as ZTE Handheld Device (COM7) or something like that

thanks for the reply.

Any other thoughts? My computer still reads the phone as ZTE Handheld Device (COM7) or something like that

Can you use ADB ?

thanks for the reply.

The only way to get in to adb is from ftm mode we need unbrick with qpst but that take time and we need two files and we have to build one of them but like i say take time

Thank you guys for the help.
I tried the ADB but once I run the program it just zips through but doesn't locate the phone.

I checked Device Manager and my phone is under Ports (COM & LPT): ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM7)

Hope all is well,

Please help.

Rom manager is not good for our device. I know its a bit late now, but maybe this will ward off others from using it.

Truth.

Any news on how to unbrick?

your best bet is to take back to metro. The partitions are all jumbled up now if you cant get into recovery or ftm. They will most likely swap it out for you. Dont tell them what you did, just play dumb. This forum has more tech knowledge than metro.

You can't get in to recovery or ftm right?

I know it sucks, but hopefully they'll take care of you with a new phone. I'm almost positive that they won't have a clue on how to fix or find anything out, so they won't even try. They will just give or order you another.

Its getting some kind of power since its still getting the notification light. It could possibly get fixed but its a long shot. Best bet is to play dumb at metro. Cooperate store btw. They won't do it at a regular authorized dealer.

does anyone know of a way to unbrick? i flashed the CM10 tester9 and i used it for a while, and one day, my phone turned off and when i turned it back on it just stayed at the boot logo. i've tryed adb, and when it goes to ftm mode, the computer doesn't reckignise it it puts the found new hardware wisered and i have all the drivers installd. i have the shabies recovery. i can't use it with fastboot, because the found new hardware just says its looking for the Android drivers. i have the androidSDK so can someone please tell me what to do? thanks.
Its getting some kind of power since its still getting the notification light. It could possibly get fixed but its a long shot. Best bet is to play dumb at metro. Cooperate store btw. They won't do it at a regular authorized dealer.

Back
Top Bottom