• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bring on the Iphone4 To Compare with Big EVO!!!

video taken w. the evo

YouTube - phonedog's Channel
both takes great video but evo does dominate between these two videos.

You need to download the source video. Youtube/Vimeo compresses the hell out of the original file. The video is rock-solid 30fps all the way thru. H.264 @ 10.89 mbits/pers second (very freaking high for a phone) and 44.100 khz audio not that 9khz AMR codec crap on the EVO.

If you look at the thread on this board w/ the EVO vs 3GS video side-by-side, the 3GS wiped the floor over the EVO. I don't know the title but you can search it. Both clips shot-side-by-side at the same time w/ same lighting.

The iPhone uses a better H.264 codec and that is hard to dispute vs the 3GP 3gp4 basic/MP4-4 Simple@L6 and defaults to H.263 codec on the EVO with an average bitrate of 975 Kbps.

You have:
iPhone - EVO
Higher pixel 175um > 174 um pixel density on the sensor
H.264 /30fps > 3GP 24-9 FPS (yes, evo videos have dropped to 10fps)
44khz AAC Audio > 9khz AMR audo codec.

Look for the mediainfo on this site.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/92774-mediainfo-output-evos-hd-video-capture.html

No it doesn't, lol.

Are we watching the same video? :eek:

iPhone 4 clearly shoots better 720p video, crisper, no artifacts, colors are on point.

i have great vision and both are equal. but its okay i understand your love for apple and the iphone. no doubt iphone is a good phone as are many phones on the market today. you can keep your apple blinders on and focus on them =). i dont have either evo or iphone so im not biased in any way. im seeing things for what they are and that video recorded w. the ip4 is no greater than the video recorded w. the evo.

okay i take that back after comparing the videos again...the sky in the iphone video looks BLAND AND DULL compared to the video shot w. the evo. colors in the evo is crisper and the background action keeps up w. the camera no lag. so i guess that quality over quantity argument is complete garbage in this instant. as for other "new improvements" apple made such as folders which blackberry has been doing this for years is not even a good feature. seems to me apple is spoon feeding iphone users small updates and they are going gaga over them because they are not used to since their previous model didnt have it. seen and heard it all before.

i have great vision and both are equal. but its okay i understand your love for apple and the iphone. no doubt iphone is a good phone as are many phones on the market today. you can keep your apple blinders on and focus on them =). i dont have either evo or iphone so im not biased in any way. im seeing things for what they are and that video recorded w. the ip4 is no greater than the video recorded w. the evo.

check this out:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/105894-evo-camera-blind-test.html

it's not like i don't love my EVO. but i am willing to admit the camera is close to garbage - EVEN FOR A CELL PHONE. especially a 2010 smartphone.

it's not like i don't love my EVO. but i am willing to admit the camera is close to garbage - EVEN FOR A CELL PHONE. especially a 2010 smartphone.

that may be the case for you and other users on this forum, but there are a lot of videos and pictures that have been posted that are superb. i wouldnt be surprised if the cameras on some of the evos arent up to par, but it doesnt mean it is garbage. case and point, my sister and i both had bb curves and my pics compared to hers looked like night and day. it just depends if the camera is defective.

there are a lot of defective EVO cameras out there...

i just read sporklovers post over in the thread you started and it cleared up a lot. in good lighting the evo camera excels but in regular lighting it causes blurry pics due to its larger yet lack of pixel to capture the natural lighting (i dont know if i got that right or not its almost 5am lol). but yeah it is dumb to put a *high* mp camera on a phone when it doesnt live up to its potential. crazy! but i still wouldnt get an apple product *anymore* just couldnt keep my attention. gave away my 3rd generation ipod touch to my brother after a month of getting it. didnt see the hype of it at all. to each their own i guess.

The only thing not keeping me from pulling the trigger on the iPhone is the screen size. That 4.3" screen on the EVO is so great. But that camera and video recording is so awful. I really wish I could play with both for a few days so I could make a confident decision.

Im not too sure about that. In the past yes, but I can tell they are trying so hard... so hard to not make the review so biased towards apple products. At times when they said it was the best display of any phone hands down. That was a pretty bold statement. Also at the end, they say it is the best phone on the market period. Just a little much. But they try and play both sides and say there will always be a better handset in the future. The iphone can be the best specked phone, but until they change those endless rows of apps (what a bore), I will be enjoying the freedom that is Android.

Another review on another site that was posted showed it to be 7 hours talk time, and they said it was improved, but not much over the last phone.

Close to Garbage :rolleyes: I have read your posts and most of them are hating on the Evo. I think most people see through you already, but you can keep pushing your hate if you want.

If anyone is hungry Reemas will be serveing up some

hater_tots.jpg

Close to Garbage :rolleyes: I have read your post and most of them are hating on the Evo. I think most people see through you already, but you can keep pushing your hate if you want.

I have learned to ignore his post.

The EVO does so many things well and that is okay with me. All of my past devices, I always find myself saying if they just did this or if they just did that.........I think for the first time, I am happy with the EVO so much that if they just did this or that doesn't have such an effect like it did on other devices.

Now, if I bought an iPhone4, I know every time I would look at it I would be saying if they just made the screen bigger!

so yall hear about a lot of iphones loosing signal simply by touching the phone lol
way to go apple!
(talking about the new iphone 4 that just came out today)

It's called karma,the few that was ripping on the EVO and how the iphone is great built quality..well i guess not.

Back