• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Broke Radio during flash?

Hello everyone. I was flashing cm10 last night, and i flashed it with the sim card in, then removed it before it booted for the first time. This resulted in immediate 3g service, and everything was good 'cept for sms/mms obviously. I noticed 3g service was pretty quick for me, barely slower than metro's 4g.
On this attempt i followed all hroarks steps to the tee.

Anyway i restored to my backup of version f, then i foolishly went to flash cm10 again, and once it booted, i had no data service of any kind, just a little "R" above the signal icon. Wifi still works, but once i restored to my backup again, this problem was carried over. No matter what i try, unbrick (KDZ), factory reset, or restore backups; this issue persists. I cannot make phone calls, texts, data, but wifi does work.

On investigation, the phone doesn't think it is on any network, so i tried flashing the ril and nothing changed.

I looked at the build prop, and nothing looks to be really wrong to my untrained eye.

I have been in this exact scenario once before when cm10 first came out, and i fixed it by getting a new phone.

I would like to fix it, but if i cant i will file a claim for a lost phone, so i dont have to tweak on my daily.

If anyone has any ideas of things to try, let me know, as im tapped out for the moment.

Thanks,
roachdogg

Hello everyone. I was flashing cm10 last night, and i flashed it with the sim card in, then removed it before it booted for the first time. This resulted in immediate 3g service, and everything was good 'cept for sms/mms obviously. I noticed 3g service was pretty quick for me, barely slower than metro's 4g.
On this attempt i followed all hroarks steps to the tee.

Anyway i restored to my backup of version f, then i foolishly went to flash cm10 again, and once it booted, i had no data service of any kind, just a little "R" above the signal icon. Wifi still works, but once i restored to my backup again, this problem was carried over. No matter what i try, unbrick (KDZ), factory reset, or restore backups; this issue persists. I cannot make phone calls, texts, data, but wifi does work.

On investigation, the phone doesn't think it is on any network, so i tried flashing the ril and nothing changed.

I looked at the build prop, and nothing looks to be really wrong to my untrained eye.

I have been in this exact scenario once before when cm10 first came out, and i fixed it by getting a new phone.

I would like to fix it, but if i cant i will file a claim for a lost phone, so i dont have to tweak on my daily.

If anyone has any ideas of things to try, let me know, as im tapped out for the moment.

Thanks,
roachdogg

did you do this

After Normal Backup is complete Perform Modemst Backup
Press the "Back" Capacitance button (it is not lit up) until you are at the ClockWorkMod main screen
Press Volume up or Volume down until "install zip from sdcard" is highlighted
Press Select button (power button)
Press Volume up or Volume down until "choose zip from sdcard" is highlighted
Press Volume up or Volume down until "lgm_block_bakup.zip " is highlighted
Press Volume up or Volume down until "Yes - Install lgm_modemst_bakup.zip " is highlighted

did you do this

After Normal Backup is complete Perform Modemst Backup
Press the "Back" Capacitance button (it is not lit up) until you are at the ClockWorkMod main screen
Press Volume up or Volume down until "install zip from sdcard" is highlighted
Press Volume up or Volume down until "choose zip from sdcard" is highlighted
Press Volume up or Volume down until "lgm_block_bakup.zip " is highlighted
Press Volume up or Volume down until "Yes - Install lgm_modemst_bakup.zip " is highlighted

Nope. Now looking at the name of the backup, i feel like an idiot. Is there anyway to fix it? Or do i go get a another phone again.

Can i flash the modemst backup and some kind soul might supply me with a backup file?

BTW i tried every *#*#4636#*#* setting in there with no change.

Nope. Now looking at the name of the backup, i feel like an idiot. Is there anyway to fix it? Or do i go get a another phone again.

Can i flash the modemst backup and some kind soul might supply me with a backup file?

BTW i tried every *#*#4636#*#* setting in there with no change.

did you do the modemst backup ?

Not originally, no. I can do it now, but i think that is the problem to begin with, so if im missing the modembackup files, probably wont work, but i can try if you think it might help.

try toggeling airplane mode

if you have to get a new phone

follow the instructions here, when you install CM10

http://unleashedprepaids.com/showthread.php?tid=7632

I was under the impression that the people here were aware of my threads on UPP and were following the instructions when they installed CM10

I was under the impression that the people here were aware of my threads on UPP and were following the instructions when they installed CM10

I know. Its my own damn fault; i love your thread on cm10. Ill put in on the new phone once sms works. That's what i was trying a few things on when it went south.

Im still trying some things. Ill post back here with results good or bad.

In CM10 go to: Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Network Mode > and click on LTE/CDMA/EvDo
Then restore your stock backup and you will have 4G back.

I know. Its my own damn fault; i love your thread on cm10. Ill put in on the new phone once sms works. That's what i was trying a few things on when it went south.

Im still trying some things. Ill post back here with results good or bad.

i accidentally posted a direct link to the ROM in an AF post, i have corrected that mistake

I want people to have to visit the UPP thread and follow the directions

I want people who are going to be messing with CM10 to backup their modemst partitions, and I have included instructions for that.

I think the modemst partitions are kind of like NVRam and are unique to each phone, they do not get restored during a Sammy unbrick

That is why I get mad if people post direct file links, and then I went ahead and broke my own rule

I hope you recover your phone, dont give up just yet, it may be something other than the modemst partitions

Oh yeah sorry, cm10 beta 4, i don't recall if i got it off your thread at UPP or a google search. I had it for awhile as this was about the 4th time i flashed it.

BobZhome - Problem isnt getting 4g back, but all data/service in general.

Oh yeah sorry, cm10 beta 4, i don't recall if i got it off your thread at UPP or a google search. I had it for awhile as this was about the 4th time i flashed it.

BobZhome - Problem isnt getting 4g back, but all data/service in general.

ok, so you never went threw the instructions on the UPP thread at all, because

the modemst backup is just a zip that you flash when you do that it makes a backup of those partitions onto you sdcard
I would give you a copy of mine, but I do not know if it would work or not

If you could go to IRC channel, I will try to help

irc.freenode.net

#oudhitsquad

As a warning to others, if you didn't backup modemst, you're most likely screwed. Next time don't jump into water without checking for sharks.

Sorry

If you could go to IRC channel, I will try to help

irc.freenode.net

#oudhitsquad

as you suggested, i did the manual NAM programming with a metro tech support person. She walked me through the service menu and designated all the values for the mdn, min, sid numbers. After reboot, nothing stuck, so after much jackin around, she finally told me to go and get it checked out locally.

I appreciate all your help candoopa, and i promise to follow directions next time. ;)

Hey just to be sure. If your phone says its not on a network maybe the prl changed. If you get bars put the phone to roam and dial *228 and update prl. My esteem messed up once kinda like this and i noticed it just didnt have any prl on the phone any more. Its worth a shot at least

as you suggested, i did the manual NAM programming with a metro tech support person. She walked me through the service menu and designated all the values for the mdn, min, sid numbers. After reboot, nothing stuck, so after much jackin around, she finally told me to go and get it checked out locally.

I appreciate all your help candoopa, and i promise to follow directions next time. ;)

make sure you take off all the incriminating files off your sdcard be for you go to metro

if they see rooting files and stuff, warranty is void

It seems the prl was one of the only things that were unaffected.

But yes, i know the warranty drill. This will be my second time at the rodeo. lol

Thanks for all your guys' help!

I'm going to get a motion later today, and the very first thing I'm going to do when I root it is that partition backup. I've learned my lesson and I don't even have the phone yet.

Good work bra!! Loving it so much Screenshot_2013-04-12-17-33-34.png 3g speed

Back
Top Bottom