• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help browser text field auto zoom

Just got my evo and I love it. My favorite feature is the massive screen. I no longer need to pinch and zoom my way around the screen. Most sites fit great in landscape mode. However, the browser insists on zooming in on text fields, it doesn't even line up right. Any way to disable this disorienting feature?

rooted users have a little bit of control over this...but not much

have you tried any alternate browsers like dolphin hd or skyfire?

rooted users have a little bit of control over this...but not much

have you tried any alternate browsers like dolphin hd or skyfire?

I am rooted, what control are you referring to? Do those browsers have the ability to turn off this feature? Are there any issues associated with having two browsers installed?

The stock browser in Myn's Warm 2.2 doesn't do it. I found it so annoying that it didn't that I honestly almost completely gave up the web because of it until I figured out that I just had to change the font to get it working again. If you think having to line up each page once is bad try having to go left and right on each line to read the wide screen text!

To each his own though I suppose. I bet you could grab the browser out of the 2.2 rls5 zip and push it.

Back
Top Bottom