• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bug in GTalk (Talk) app?

jespr

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Hi,

I'm seeing some weird behavior in the Talk app on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.0.3). I also had the behavior before i upgraded from gingerbread to ICS.

The problem is, when I use Talk to chat with my contacts, all of our messages are grouped together. All of my messages show up at the bottom of the list, and everytime I write a new message it is appended to the bottom. The contact I'm chatting with, his/hers messages shows up at the top of the list, so all his/hers messages are grouped up there, and the new message is appended to their grouped messages.

This means I have to scroll up every time I need to see what new message they just wrote.

Do you guys know what's wrong? I had the same problem on Gingerbread. It went away when I upgraded to ICS. But after a night of sleep where my phone was locked for 6+ hours and I received a lot of Talk messages - the problem was back.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones